Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Terry Hunter

Silence!
http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2005/10/24/daily31.html?jst=b_ln_hl

Northwest gets OK to return more planes

Northwest Airlines Corp. will be allowed to return another 106 planes to leaseholders, a bankruptcy court judge said Thursday.

The ruling, made in the New York bankruptcy court where Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest (Pink Sheets: NWACQ) is trying to reorganize under Chapter 11 protection, follows an earlier decision to let Northwest drop 108 planes from its fleet.
Northwest officials have said they plan to cut their flight schedule by as much as 15 percent in restructuring. The airline is trying to cut $2.5 billion in labor and operations costs.
Less capacity will help Northwest and other airlines, which are attempting similar moves, to raise prices and offset higher fuel costs.

The planes affected in the latest ruling include 49 Saab regional planes used by regional carrier Mesaba Airlines of Minneapolis, which relies on Northwest for most of its business and has itself filed for bankruptcy in the face of cuts by Northwest. Other planes include 15 regional jets used by Northwest's other partner, Pinnacle Airlines Corp. of Memphis and Airbuses and Boeing 747s used by Northwest.

Smoke and Mirrors. It's just posturing to get better leases negoiated. Believe it when you see them flying to the desert.

DetoXJ said:
Smoke and Mirrors. It's just posturing to get better leases negoiated. Believe it when you see them flying to the desert.

Detox

You are a moron. Keep telling the F/O's you're flying with, that it's all smoke and mirrors. "Oh it's a typical management play, blah blah blah. You don't fly the Dash anymore, and it's not 1995. Steenland and crew are out to break you in half. If you can't see that, then you get what you deserve.

Enjoy your concessions.

FINALLY, someone with some sense. Time to give up the smoke and mirrors b.s. Your concessions are inevitible.:crying: Better start saving your nickels.

The saabs don't go to the desert. Maine. Bangor, I think.

"Enjoy your concessions" -- I love it.:laugh: :cool:
kk

they are going to evergreen in az. there are mechanics lined up to go down and pull the servicable engines off of them and put unservicable on them. Most of them are due a heavy maint check and NWA is not paying for that now. but they will still be on the ops paperwork. It will cost alot of money to get them out I dont think you will see them back.

Maybe they will use all us CVG reserve pilots to fly them down there.

KaptainKarl said:
FINALLY, someone with some sense. Time to give up the smoke and mirrors b.s. Your concessions are inevitible.:crying: Better start saving your nickels.

The saabs don't go to the desert. Maine. Bangor, I think.

"Enjoy your concessions" -- I love it.:laugh: :cool:
kk

Hey all you "enjoy your concessions" jerks, p1ss off! Yeah we're in a predicament, but don't add insult to injury. Enjoy your jobs, idiots...

Sincerely,

MM

I still don't understand why NWA would want to park the Avros given that they fit within that 70-100 seat niche. They are probably more efficient than the DC9-10s and 30s they replace. Are they particularly maintenance intensive?

I understand that they want to renegotiate lease rates but these aircraft could become instrumental in a turnaround I would think...

Latest resources

Back