Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-prop

Ab Initio is the best...
Does any one know of any FAR part 135/management companies that require a signing of a Recurrent Training Contract?

I believe that Aero Jet Services of SDL, AZ does something similar. I hear that they make YOU take out a loan for both the initial and recurrent costs, then they make the payments as long as you're employed. You leave, they stop paying off your loan. Theoretically, you could only leave the day before recurrent without having to pay something.

Perhaps one of their pilots could chime in and confirm this is how it works?

Ive heard of a few operators that pull that BS. I think it speaks wonders about how they treat their employees when they have to renew a contract every 6 months.

Not just No, but hell NO.

I have no problem with initial types or new hire training contracts. But once you have been there for a while, to sign one every 6 months just tells me the company is garbage.

Does any one know of any FAR part 135/management companies that require a signing of a Recurrent Training Contract?
Recurrent training/checking is the responsibility of the operator. I don't know why pilots have allowed these operators to put the onus for the cost of 135 training on them. You can argue whether you should pay for initial Type Rating, but the cost of meeting 135 requirements has traditional been, and should remain, a cost to the operator.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the legal proceedings after someone is fired for refusing to sign a contract for recurrent.

I would politely refuse.. know people that have....F em!

US Jets/KAHN.

Are they still around and flying off a defunct Certificate number from Miami? and a host of
broke, busted and disgusted learjets?

Owner is a snake. [Partner] moneybags, bank
board member from PFN is silent partner and
owns all the planes. He is a snake, too. Just
goes to show how pathetic the FAA is at
regulating and policing their own bureaucracy.

Didn't we all put this new and improved Ops
Spec page in all of our Documents to verify
and account for operational control? Just
how in the he77, did fireball get past this
little obstacle?

(shaking head and holding in hands with disgust)
100-1/2

Latest resources

Back