Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PUNISHER

You got any tinfoil?
I would like to take a quick survey. How many days is recurrent at your airline? Do you have any kind of written test?
Thanks

I guess i'll go first... At NAA we have three days of recurrent ground school. We have written tests for systems, winter ops(de-ice), Hazmat, and of course flight attendant ops if you can believe it.

I would like to take a quick survey. How many days is recurrent at your airline? Do you have any kind of written test?
Thanks

At JetBlue, we operate under the AQP program.

Recurrent every 9 months for both Capts and F/Os.

You alternate between a 2 day and 3 day recurrent.

Prior to the recurrent class you are required to complete a couple of online refresher courses, and take a little quiz at the end. No written test.

The 2 day recurrent is a little oral, plus some security, etc, and 2 sim sessions. The first sim is the basic V1 cuts, CAT IIIB, RNAV RNP approaches, Evac, RTOs, etc.

The sim on day 2, is a 2 leg loft with a few non-normals, and basic approaches, Error Management, etc.

The 3 day is all of the above, plus some systems review.

AQP is the best recurrent I have ever seen in my 21 years doing this. Very Non-Threatening, in my opinion.

I just did the 2 day last week. There was actually a class of New Hires there, with more classes right behind them in March and April. It was nice to see that.

Last edited:
At AirTran we have one day of recurrent in conjunction with home based computer training. Two tests (systems and FOM) when you walk in the door. No simulator based training at all at AirTran, just two checkrides a year for Captains and 1 checkride for F/Os. Training costs money, we go with the minimum that the FAA will let us get away with. AQP? probably not in my lifetime.

At SWA we do 1 day of computer based training ( at home) being able to drink your favorite beverage with a plate of nachos at the same time.

then we do 1 day in the classroom, the day before your sim.

AA is three days every 9 months, alternating between one sim of maneuvers/one loft and two maneuvers days. Both have the usual sec./human factors/systems classes thrown in.

We also have a simple Hazmat/Security/Gen. Subject computer based quiz to do before you come.

TC

Ok now I'm jealous, you guys have it good.
What's the matter, you don't like doing recurrent ground on your week off, 5 weeks in a row away from your family since that week is in between rotations, all for $300 for the week TOTAL income for F/O's, $400 for Captains, with a written test at the end covering, in many cases, an airplane you're not even qualified to fly?

And that's just ground, not counting the 4 days of recurrent sim once a year, plus your two checkrides a year, but at least those are done during your work weeks, albeit still at the $300/400 per week income rate, right?

Come on, get with the program... lol ;)

I haven't done this much recurrent training or made this small of a paycheck for being at work since I got into a Lear over 10 years ago... and that includes other 135 operators. I mentioned the capability of doing many modules of recurrent via computer, like the AAS or AOPA training modules, but didn't get very much of a response.

And that's just ground, not counting the 4 days of recurrent sim once a year, plus your two checkrides a year, but at least those are done during your work weeks, albeit still at the $300/400 per week income rate, right?

Ha! maybe for you. I have to do 3 days of sim on another one of my weeks off. :puke:

I heard you got detention lol. I'm surprised the Fuhrer didn't make you take GS all over again for being a minute late. Did you get sent to the principles office?
I love spending 5 weeks on, it's great and the week with the "Fuhrer" is awesome. I'ts pretty much like a well paid vacation in a very desirable location. jk

CAL is AQP and is done on a yearly basis for both FO and CA seats. Two-four hour ground school classes and four computer courses/exams that can be done at home, at the hotel, or labs at each hub. The online courses have additonal infomation for viewing or not that include security, special airports, and multiple review courses like PBS:rolleyes: and RNAV.

Latest resources

Back