Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigRed1

Hello All:

I received an e-mail from a recruiting company requesting I apply if interested due to their "urgent need for A320 Pilots in the Gulf." I assume they saw my resume on Climbto350.com. Their e-mail request was unsolicited by me, but with UAL in the dumps, I would consider doing some Expat flying for a few years if the terms were favorable. They did not specify for whom they are recruiting for and the type of flying to be performed, ie. corporate/ executive/ airline.

The recruiting company is "Titan Aviation Dubai." Does anyone have any experience with this company?

I see many similar companies like Parc, World Aviation Systems, Aviation Personnel Intl, Direct Personnel, Rishworth Aviation, etc.

I would sincerely appreciate any information you can provide about this process and specific recruiting agencies, both good and bad.

UAL announced 950 active pilot furloughs today, and while I made the cut this time, I am too close to the bottom after 10 years to sleep comfortably at night. Looking at all my options.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

BigRed 1

Just got off the phone with Prachi ( local call for me ). On the Airbus 320 they are recruiting for Jazeera Airways of Kuwait and Kingfisher of India.

I don't personally know anybody that has used them before so can't say good or bad about them.

In so far as A320 jobs go there are lots of them out there right now. Which one is right for you will depend on many factors. That would start with whether you want to commute or live in base. If you want to live in base would it be the Gulf, China, India, or elsewhere.

A short list of A320 jobs in the Gulf includes:

Etihad
Qatar Airways
Bahrain Air
Jazeera Airways
Air Arabia
Gulf Air (on order)
NAS
and possibly the new Dubai start-up. ( choice of jet to be announced soon )

Typhoonpilot

A318

Here is another:

Dana Jet in Ras Al Khaimah U A E

They are looking for A318(320?) crew.(typed)
Small operation, VVIP.
Owner wants younger pilots, enough oldies.
They seemed friendly, all I know.

[email protected].

Hello All:

I received an e-mail from a recruiting company requesting I apply if interested due to their "urgent need for A320 Pilots in the Gulf." I assume they saw my resume on Climbto350.com. Their e-mail request was unsolicited by me, but with UAL in the dumps, I would consider doing some Expat flying for a few years if the terms were favorable. They did not specify for whom they are recruiting for and the type of flying to be performed, ie. corporate/ executive/ airline.

The recruiting company is "Titan Aviation Dubai." Does anyone have any experience with this company?

I see many similar companies like Parc, World Aviation Systems, Aviation Personnel Intl, Direct Personnel, Rishworth Aviation, etc.

I would sincerely appreciate any information you can provide about this process and specific recruiting agencies, both good and bad.

UAL announced 950 active pilot furloughs today, and while I made the cut this time, I am too close to the bottom after 10 years to sleep comfortably at night. Looking at all my options.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

BigRed 1

All three major fractionals (Netjets, Flexjet and Citationshares) and XOJet (www.xojet.com) have Denver bases and they are hiring through the end of the year. Apply now (don't delay) but expect to wait in line:

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional.html

That is not an option for everyone, I personally would rather leave the career rather than see myself hanging around an FBO again wondering about catering, blue juice changes, and what particular news paper this clients likes. But to each its own

www.parcaviation.com

www.hawaiiaviation.com

Plenty of contracts there. These are tough times, the best of luck to everyone

That is not an option for everyone, I personally would rather leave the career rather than see myself hanging around an FBO again wondering about catering, blue juice changes, and what particular news paper this clients likes. But to each its own

www.parcaviation.com

www.hawaiiaviation.com

Plenty of contracts there. These are tough times, the best of luck to everyone

Good points. Just trying to be helpful especially if BigRed wants to continue living near his/her hub (assuming Denver is his/her hub). All four operators mentioned allow pilots to live in Denver.

Thank you everyone for your advise and information. Going over seas is not my first choice, but if lucrative enough, I will do anything for a few years.

NetJets type operations is not something I have ever considered, because from the time I was a little boy, I always wanted to be an "airline pilot."

Now that I am older, at the ripe ol' age of 36, and with three little ones at home, my priorities are shifting away from the "big" iron and egos, and back to what really matters. My family, and a less stressful existence in the crazy airline career world.

The fractional arena seems like something I will likely pursue, as being based in my hometown and seeing new places without the worry of always wondering when the next furlough, strike, or BK will hit my company seems like a reasonable and noble goal. I gave UAL 10 years of my life, and have nothing to show for it. We have outsourced our flying to the tune of 40% from when I first was hired, and now after a decade of loyal service, I am looking at being in the bottom 3% of the seniority list. This is no way to live.

Now the question is...Will a NetJets even think about hiring a big airline pilot with no corporate experience? I suppose airline pilots looking for a new career path are a dime a dozen now.

I am voluntarily punchin' out soon. Sad to say. But on the other hand, fairly liberating, once you make the decision. Any additional advice is appreciated.

Sincerely,

BigRed1

BigRed1,

Better get your apps in ASAP..I'm one of those "big airline pilot with no corporate experience" guys and it doesn't look too promising...7 months & counting in the netJets interview line. Similar luck with XO and CS. And the competition is only going to get tougher.

Best of luck!

I agree. Get your stuff in BigRed and expect to wait in line for awhile. Regardless, you should get called eventually - it's a matter of when if you meet the minimums. Big point: if you are not going to be furloughed imminently, try to stay patient and positive. We are all trying to ride-out this storm.

Good luck!

Last edited:
BigRed1,

I was fortunate enough to be hired by Netjets from a 121 carrier 7 years ago.

I have to agree that as boys none of us dreamed about being a corporate pilot. We all wanted to walk through the terminal trailed by a gaggle of flight attendants and fly the 'big iron'.

In my case I came to realize that my professionalism as a pilot had nothing to do with the number of passengers sitting on the other side of the cockpit door. My family was my priority.

In my case that broke down to:

1) Safety. Nothing else matters if daddy doesn't come home. Netjets maintenance. operational procedures and respect for the decision of the PIC is second to none.

2) Job Security. While nothing in aviation is guaranteed, I'm reminded of the words of Rob Crandell (ex CEO of American). He wrote that the 3 biggest expenses of running an airline are Capital costs, Labor and Fuel.

Netjets invented a unigue business model where the owneres (pax) own the planes (low capital costs) they pay a a monthly management fee (covers labor costs) and they pay an hourly occupied fee (fuel). Of course the fact that in the last 8 years the richer have just gotten richer helps. Netjets is profitable. The company has very smart management and is owned by Warren Buffet. As "Uncle Warren" has said 'We're in a class war - and - unfortunately - my class is winning'

3) Time away from home. In my case my schedule is simple. I'm away for 7 days and home for 7 days. Oh and I have a choice of 100 bases to live, I commute on company time and they buy me the ticket. On my last tour there were no economy seats available, so they bought me a ticket in First Class. Nice.

4) Salary - working 15 days a month I make a little over $100K as a 8 year Captain. I also have the option of working 18 days a month for $125k but I'd prefer being home with my family.

5) Mutual Respect - I want to work for a company that understands that loyalty is a two way street. I bust my ass for the company and in return they take care of me. Last year my wifes grandmother passed away. She was not my immediate family and I hardly knew the woman - but - its was important for my wife that I get home.

On the day in question I was in NJ. I expected to airline home to VT when I received a call from the company. They wanted to do a trip followed by an airline home. I could have easily refused it with no implications but I had plenty of time so I agreed.

When I go to the destination I deplaned the pax and then noticed there was another Netjets aircraft on the ramp next to mine.

I asked them why they were here, and they replied "We're here to take you home." I was home by 3 in the afternoon. My wife was impressed. Stories like that are not uncommon at Netjets.

What value do you put on that?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back