• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommendations for Suitcases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Purdy Neat Stuff. Get something quality, and take care of it. From what I understand, it will fit in the CRJ-200 overhead as long as you don't over pack. Also, a good addition to it would be the small duffle, particularly in winter if you don't want to wear your overcoat out to bars on overnights.

If you do go with the PNS bag, go with the Stop Over Store version. The strap that goes around the bag to stabilize the flight kit hook is priceless IMHO. Nothing like having your flight kit trail along with the weight evenly distributed, as apposed to being cocked off to one side like a gangsta hat.

Good luck with your decision. I've become a staunch advocate for buy something quality, then take extra care of it.

FlyChicaga said:
If you do go with the PNS bag, go with the Stop Over Store version. The strap that goes around the bag to stabilize the flight kit hook is priceless IMHO. Nothing like having your flight kit trail along with the weight evenly distributed, as apposed to being cocked off to one side like a gangsta hat.

Is there anyway to get this thing? it didn't come with my PNT bag and wondering if I can buy it anywhere (just the strap)?

Can't swear to it, but I think I saw the strap sold separately on the Stopover Store website.

I've got the POS TravelPro from the company uniform supplier. It wasn't bad at first, but it has some handle issues after using it for only 6 months or so.

I kinda like the ROME collection 22" rollaboard from WalMart. They are $24.72 a piece, and I've been replacing it every 3-4 months religiously. It's probably also a good bet if you want to do a TravelPro or LuggageWorks/PNT in the future, but aren't sure which model yet. One thing you MUST DO to the Rome rollaboard; where the actual handle part of the telescoping handle attaches to the telescoping tubes, there is a screw on each side. Tighten the screws as tight as you dare with out stripping them, and apply a dab of 5 minute epoxy over each of them. If you don't, they *WILL* back out and dissapear. Also, the rubber on the wheels is pretty mediocre quality, and won't last much longer than six months. Make sure you buy one with a good solid "foot" on the bottom, (they seem to vary a bit) or it will tip over onto its front when loaded. Also, one of the J-Hooks that the stop-over store sells (I do not recall which model suitcase it's ACTUALLY for) has a clip that fits the buckle on the WalMart bag just about PERFECTLY. Failing that, you could just buy ANY model J-Hook, and use the buckle and fabric (add-a-bag strap) that comes attached to the bag and sew up your own.

Last edited:
The COSTCO deal is the best ever, its 89 bucks and it fits like it was made for the CRJ overhead, and the best part is if anything ever goes wrong, or if it just looks like s--t after 10 years, COSTCO will give you a new one no questions asked, no reciept, I even got a new one and I was not a member anymore, buy it once and you have a bag for life, and its no piece of crap either, its the sturdiest bag out there, best handle, and longest handle ive seen, I am 6 foot 3 and need a long handle, hands down best, dont mess with that steath purdy neat P.O.S. for $350 with the metal frame, its a waste of money.

-Goo

generaltso said:
Is there anyway to get this thing? it didn't come with my PNT bag and wondering if I can buy it anywhere (just the strap)?

I'm not sure. The Stop-Over-Store might be able to retrofit your bag. I know they are repair centers for the PNT luggage. All you'd really need is two plastic clips sewed into the sides and the strap.

SledDriver,

I can't tell if you are serious or not, but if you are replacing your bag and doing all that retrofitting to it every three months, you might really consider buying a TravelPro or something that will be a bit more durable for less cost. That's like living in a $200 a week apartment since it's cheaper than an $600 a month apartment.

Last edited:
I have a Travelpro 22" rollerboard.. it worked great the first month I had it... then after that I have started having issues with the handle jamming.... I love being the guy who is slamming his handle down multiple times at the security checkpoint... argh...

Latest resources

Back