Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt
Starting to do all my flights IFR, to get some experience in the system, and want to head to south Florida tomorrow.

Anyone wanna recommend an FBO who won't charge a landing/ramp/parking fee if I stop in to check weather and rest for an hour or so ?

I'll be in a 172 of course...and I'm not paying $5.00/gallon for fuel.

Last edited:
Give National Jets at FLL a call. They're always good to us.

I've been to WorldJet at FXE. Not the prettiest FBO around, but they do have comfortable places to sit and a weather computer. Call ahead and ask about a ramp fee. I was there for a few weeks and had a T-hangar. The ladies working the place are nice. PMP may be better for GA.

FrozenPilot said:
I've been to WorldJet at FXE. Not the prettiest FBO around, but they do have comfortable places to sit and a weather computer. Call ahead and ask about a ramp fee. I was there for a few weeks and had a T-hangar. The ladies working the place are nice. PMP may be better for GA.
I'm sure PMP is more friendly to GA....but its fun to play "up" sometimes. ;)

IFR routing question...theres preferred routing from FLL to the Daytona area...its PBI V3 SMYRA.

I'll be flying from New Smyrna (Daytona area) to FLL/FXE/PMP...so would filing the reverse, SMYRA V3 PBI be the smart thing to do ?

Is it still considered preferred routing if its filed going the opposite direction ?

gkrangers said:
I'm sure PMP is more friendly to GA....but its fun to play "up" sometimes. ;)

IFR routing question...theres preferred routing from FLL to the Daytona area...its PBI V3 SMYRA.

I'll be flying from New Smyrna (Daytona area) to FLL/FXE/PMP...so would filing the reverse, SMYRA V3 PBI be the smart thing to do ?

Is it still considered preferred routing if its filed going the opposite direction ?

That's usually the route you're going to get along the coast. I'd say it's proabable to get FLL -> V3

You most likely wont get SMYRA on the way back since you're already established on the route but if you need a fix along the way you'll get one of the VORs. If you need to practice holds on the way back expect VRB or MLB holding on inbound course unless requesting a different holding course.

Good luck

Thanks, I'm familiar with the area, just was curious if its implied that even if the preferred route is listed as A to B...that its still preferred if you file it backwards, going from B to A.

We usually get into the Jet Center/Sheltair in FLL. Nice facilities, very helpful (and quick) linemen, complimentary snacks and drinks, and some good scenery behind the desk. Not for sure entirely about the ramp fee, but a quick call to them might give you an answer.

Have fun when once you get your battery fixed - I hadn't driven one of my cars in over a month and came home to the same suprise as well. :)

If you want an excellent FBO, one of the best in S. FL; Hit up Falcon at Tamiami (TMB). They just opened it a couple months ago, it's beautiful...
Weight Rooms, sauna, movie theatre for pilots, open bar (?), about 20 flat screen tv's around the place. One of the Nicest FBO's I've been to; and fuel isn't too bad.
Enjoy the flight.

Tex

P.S. And according to one of the workers, the girls behind the counter are strippers.. by the looks of it I would believe it...

Last edited:
Jetscape at FLL, (NE corner). Lots of free munchies, and pretty girls behind the counter. Last Friday of the month=free BBQ lunch. Not as busy as Jet Center. Nice little lounge too.

Latest resources

Back