• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recession Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been flying the X for Netjets for 8 years. Summer is traditionally quiet but I've never seen a summer as quiet as this one.

Extremely quiet. Lost my job because of it.

Hey Blueridge, what did you fly for ACA? 328 here.

Seasons......

I dont get to fly the line as much as everyone else but a few weeks ago got to TEB (thats 3 times in the past year) and I asked the gal that is our greeter, howsitgoing? She said a LOT slower than normal for this time of year............:(

A sign of things to come. However, we will see what the winter brings as its usually pretty damm busy! :)

I've been pretty busy in the Sovereign in the last two months. Bumped up against 10 in 24 a few times. Seen a fair amount of X owners coming over for the fuel savings.

The majority of people that I talk to from all companies say things are slow. NJA guy at breakfast was asking me the same question. He said it's been really slow for him lately as well.

I guess even the rich are pinching pennies.

Well the FBO's all report 15% to 20% off in fuel sales which goes along with NBAA and other numbers so I think it is clear that the business has slowed. Recreational flying in middle America is really dead.

Latest resources

Back