• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent UPS Interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a friend that interviewed on Oct 24, received the dreaded rejection letter on the 31st, it was dated the 27th. Pretty quick decision, he must have really F'd something up for them to decide so quickly.

Yikes! I've never heard of anyone getting a rejection letter that fast. Sorry to hear the bad news, but at least UPS didn't string him along for 4 or 5 weeks, then drop a bomb on him.

I think they mentioned in the interview that if you were unsuccessful this time, you could re-apply in 6 months (anybody correct me if I'm wrong out there).

And the dreaded wait continues..........

any thoughts about getting another shot after a rejection? i have heard yes and no.
I was told in the interview that if I was unsuccessful, I could reapply after Jan 1st. (I interviewed first week in Nov).

ps. I haven't heard anything either.

I was told in the interview that if I was unsuccessful, I could reapply after Jan 1st. (I interviewed first week in Nov).

ps. I haven't heard anything either.

Mind sharing what your times were? How much PIC do you have in the 747?

I would be grateful if everyone that interviewed would go to aviation interview.com and submit a gouge. Thank you.

I have around 7000TT with 2200 heavy, 600 DC-10 and 1600 MD-11 (all international). Unfortunately only 700 of the required 1000 hours Turbine PIC. is there any way around the turbine pic requirement?

Thanks,

climb245k

Mind sharing what your times were? How much PIC do you have in the 747?
TT was about 5600, PIC turbine about 1600, PIC in the 747, about 200. Time in the 747, about 1300. College degree, no recommendations.

TT was about 5600, PIC turbine about 1600, PIC in the 747, about 200. Time in the 747, about 1300. College degree, no recommendations.

Thanks for the reply. Are there a lot of x-RJ drivers at Kalitta or do they try and hire from freight backgrounds (im assuming thats your background by aircraft flown). Im trying to move on from instructing and would like to one day do long haul cargo (Kalitta, Atlas).

Thanks for the reply. Are there a lot of x-RJ drivers at Kalitta or do they try and hire from freight backgrounds (im assuming thats your background by aircraft flown). Im trying to move on from instructing and would like to one day do long haul cargo (Kalitta, Atlas).
There are some - a few ex-Indy guys, an Eagle guy and some Lakers (B1900s). All those guys are trying to add some Heavy time to their resume before going onto other places. The company does seems to have some guys like me with more of a freight background, but there are plenty from other places (furloughed majors, etc)

Oh, and UPS wrote and said No Thanks, try again later.

I think they mentioned in the interview that if you were unsuccessful this time, you could re-apply in 6 months (anybody correct me if I'm wrong out there). quote]

How do you "re-apply"? Trying to update on the web site: Once you have prepared your web info for the initial interview, UPS locks all the pages except your contact page.

Does anyone have any information on "re-applying" other then just updating your contact info?

Recieved pool letter a few days ago. Just over 4 weeks from interview date. One of the happiest days of my life. Good luck to the rest waiting to hear!

Latest resources

Back