• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent Flexjet QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, wondering how long you can keep paying bills is so enjoyable!

I'd love to use this time to go back to school. Or travel the world. Or even leave my apartment really. There's just one $mall problem. :rolleyes:

I think his point is to make the best of a situation.

No one is implying that not being able to cover your bills is fun.

A huge wave shortly there after. I dont think so. The hiring didnt really start until 05-06. The people were ticked because Flejet was already short handed and they still furloughed, out of senority. It forced 7/3 for a little while. They only hired for people leaving. When I left Flexjet had about 485 pilots. How many did they have before the furlough? Around the same.

What ya smoking??? First of all I have been here over 11 years and the 60 fleet was never forced 7/3 AND we never had 485 pilots then. Maybe 385. During this years layoffs we had the highest number of pilots on property ever which was 479. Out of seniority? No. They fired one senior 604 guy with the rest of the layoffs because he was a trouble maker. I do not agree that was the right thing to do, but your facts are wrong.
I'm not a company lover, but please state facts. This is how BS is started.

Last edited:
What ya smoking??? First of all I have been here over 11 years and the 60 fleet was never forced 7/3 AND we never had 485 pilots then. Maybe 385. During this years layoffs we had the highest number of pilots on property ever which was 479. Out of seniority? No. They fired one senior 604 guy with the rest of the layoffs because he was a trouble maker. I do not agree that was the right thing to do, but your facts are wrong.
I'm not a company lover, but please state facts. This is how BS is started.

Uh ok bubba. What does 60 have anything to do with it? Some were forced 7/3. They furloughed then out of order(Their first furlough). When they didnt need to furlough anyone. If you had a clue you would remember they still needed to hire then. Bombardier directed the furloughs. I didnt say this time. Did I? They had around 400 pilots. Its been almost 4 yrs since I left and another few since they furloughed the last time. Sorry I didnt remeber the exact number. I believe a 45 guy was also let go. Who was also not a star in the flying skills department. So those are the facts. If its 1 guy out of senority its 1 to many. Good luck with the Union at Flexjet. It is most needed. Relax a little skytaxi. Why so tight?:beer:

Last edited:
I was one of those in 02 that did not come back. Flex screwed me. Forced us to move to base cities (cost me about 20k with realtor fees and such) and then 3 months later out the door. Then 5 months later asking if we want to come back. I did not miss anything by not going back. Really tells you they did not know how to staff or what they were doing.

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Schedules sucked - pay was even worse. 35k for FO working your ass off 6 on 3 off. What a life.

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Schedules sucked - pay was even worse. 35k for FO working your ass off 6 on 3 off. What a life.

Fortunately some things have improved: starting pay much better, 6/4 normal, 4/3 attainable.

If you believe what you read here, the Flex QOL has gone downhill since the furloughs. Will certainly lead some to make another puch for a union. Not sure if there is a critical mass for that yet.

Who knows what the world will look like when recalls start?

IF there are recalls. They laid off 25% of the pilots. It would probably take a 50% increase over current business at a minimum to recall all those furloughed. In addition to that, that increase has to happen within a two year time frame, otherwise they are just like everyone else out there trying to get a job.

Latest resources

Back