Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AirJosh1

With American recalling 208 pilots, does that allow Eagle to start recalling also or does Eagle have to wait for all American pilots to be called back first? Sorry, don't know the rules of the cap. Any prospects for June?

No. The ASM Cap will not be lifted until every single last one of the AA pilots are called back. Don Carty forecasts sometime in 2004 or later.
The pres. of Eagle has also stated that it is not likely Eagle will call back any of the approx. 300 fuloughed pilots until the ASM cap is lifted. :eek:

Don't forget that unfortunately it means all AA pilots need to be recalled first, which includes the TWA people, for the cap to be lifted.

Note: On the AE Pilots website a question was asked on the relationship between the ASM cap limitations and future recalls. The response was that Eagle has been losing 8 - 11 FO's per month and that recalls are "very likely" prior to the ASM cap being lifted. I'm not sure how reliable their website is or who answers the questions that are submitted, i.e., management type or another line pilot.

:)

Nobody REALLY knows, but they did try to recall 28 some time ago. They even sent out notices (and later rescinded them.) So I think it is possible that some recalls could start to happen prior to all of American's pilots going back. Really, the (illegal) outsourcing is preventing recalls at least as much as the ASM cap is right now.

I agree

I agree that the flying done by american connection is preventing recalls. I hope this is dealt with soon.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the company has no intentions of recalling anyone any time soon. Their position is that there are enoough reserve captains to cover FO flying. We are losing between 10 and 20 FO's a month, primarily to Comair.

Eagleatr

From talking to our company president. When it comes to a while, in my opinion, it will be at least another 6 months minimum before there are any recalls. Howerver, if the number of FO's leaving drastically increases, they might recall a little sooner, but I doubt it.

Latest resources

Back