Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yudso

Takin' it like a man
Just got the Fedex today. Just out of curiosity, how many furloughees will be returning to the new and improved Mesaba? I am not even going to waste a dollar at kinkos to fax my resignation to them.

I am, but I wish I wasn't. If I was smart, I would have gone to Pinnacle right away upon furlough. I'd probably be captain in a couple years making almost as much as a Mesaba CRJ900 captain. I guess I'll hope for a Saab upgrade in the same time frame.... It's nice they don't even give us a class date. Just on or after April 2nd. That makes planning my life easier :rolleyes:

I still can't see why anyone would come here now, unless they live in base.

• $21,000 Training Contract
• 7-10 year upgrade, depending on base.
• Terrible jet rates

Last edited:
is the class in the beginning of april full? how about hte ned of april class, is that full? anyone know?

Got the letter today also. Not a chance in hell I'm going back. Great pilot group, management belongs in prison.

Yudso, saw you on the DEN bid, moving back out west?

I'm staying away from that black hole of aviation carears. Even after the addition of 35 CRJ 900's they're still down aircraft from when I left and with the top 1/3 not going anywhere ever, my upgrade will happen roughly between never, to never ever. That and the horrible rates both on pay and insurance is enough for me to steer clear.

Just got the Fedex today. Just out of curiosity, how many furloughees will be returning to the new and improved Mesaba? I am not even going to waste a dollar at kinkos to fax my resignation to them.

New and Improved?
Effectively, after all the houplah of the last year and a half, they've: traded 36 4-engine jets for 36 bad canadian 2-engine jets, agreed to a worse contract, proven that their willing to work for less, health insurance premiums have sky-rocketed and still have the same criminal CEO and "SLT".
New and Improved?

Oh - no I am not going back.

Guys beat your chest here all you want. Do the right thing and go the formal way for resignation. Remember with the PRIA records you could get burned when appling to another airline when they request your records from XJ. They slamed you once don't let them do it again.

I still can't see why anyone would come here now, unless they live in base.

• $21,000 Training Contract
• 7-10 year upgrade, depending on base.
• Terrible jet rates

Do not read into this that I am trying to sway awayone's decision, just straightning out some facts...

There is a $21,00 training contract payable if you leave within one year and a 3 year seatlock to trade FO positions (this doesn't keep you from upgrading, just trading FO to FO). These both in place under the old contract.

We do have 7 year FO's now, but with the aircraft deliveries, the upgrade time should drop to about 2 years. In fact, if attrition stays about the same, all the furloughs will be CA's by the last CRJ900 delivery.

The concessions that we took will snapback to the prior contract upon delivery of the 36th CRJ900 (the contract will extend at this time slightly too).

Furloughess will be paid a portion of the claim (into 401k). It doesn't make up for all the money lost or time, but it will be a sizeable chunk of money.

The reason for the April 2 or after class dates stems from the furlough recalls. They don't/won't know how many are returning until they start class, which is on April 2nd. The furloughs, not surprisingly, will get to go to class before the new hires.

Latest resources

Back