Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ByeUSAir

US Airways recall for Mid Atlantic:

Received a call from US Air flight Ops on 5/14. They wanted to know if I would want to start class on 5/24 for M.A. I was very surprised that they called me and did not know how to respond to their request. After all I resigned my seniority after I got hired by ATA summer of 02.

They must be reaching the bottom of the barrel to fill seats for MA. So if I am 200 from the bottom of the list, what will they do when they hit the bottom? Will they start to hire from off the street? Curious to see what will happen.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that most guys are turning down the initial call for Mid Atlantic. Most of the calls are for a right seat position. As a furloughee you can bypass this call and wait for a left seat. Also I think that when a left seat becomes available, if you are more senior to someone who did accept the right seat job you get the capt seat before he does even though you would just be joining the MD team.

That is EXACTLY what is going to happen at MAA ..... especially with the LOW pay issue ( ie....15 year USAir pilots getting paid 1st year pay for MAA captain ).

Latest resources

Back