• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recall Prater Before He Blows This Merger Too

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.....but deregulation has complicated things exponentially. Unfortunately, the solution to the problem is probably impossible to achieve. That means we have to try to muddle through and make the best of the current system. ......

No, the worst enemy of the pilots is a failed ALPA which can not function in regards to its members.

ALPA is not about Herdon. It is about the members. Herdon doesn't know it. ALPA doesn't doing it. And the members suffer.

Keep cheer leading for the failure. It establishes your credibility when you in your own words show the failings.

We don't know what the new DAL LOA language says yet. None of us have seen it.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Whether this merger/buyout/acquisition/consolidation happens is up to NW and DL's board of directors and the US Government. Not NWALPA, not DLALPA, not John Prater. Do you honestly think that the executives, BOD's, or the government gives a rat's ass about your seniority, pay, or whether both pilot groups can play nice together?

We don't know what the new DAL LOA language says yet. None of us have seen it.

The NWA pilots have seen it. Even the DALPA publications say they modified the scope to operate NWA apart from DAL with the DAL code and brand.....

Face it....there is a double standard and it now being exposed for everyone to see.....

My understanding is that the LOA specifies a limited period of time for the operations to be conducted separately. But again, I haven't seen the language, so I don't know what the actual language says. In any case, the situation is not close to being analogous to a purchase of a feeder carrier that is not required to be merged according to the language in either CBA.

I thought the big compliant was ALPA doesn't function like a REAL union.... That it needs to do better in terms of its performance as a NATIONAL union.

Well... in order to do that... the MEC's are going to have to give up some autonomy and power.

If 50 states functioned in their own best interest and we didn't have a Federal gov't would we be as effective?

You want language in the ALPA C&BL and/or Admin manual that allows the President to mandate terms or action by the MEC's?? Imagine the outcry from pilots! Yet other pilots are demanding more of a National union. So which is it?

Discuss...

Occam's airline is being merged with Delta. ASA and CMR were not being merged with Delta. Completely different situations.

So when did ALPA decide to yield to management and let them determined when and if a merger occurs?

Answer: August, 2000 during the PID hearing between Comair/ASA/Delta.

Because the mainliners threw the little guys to the alligators first only meant that they [the mainliners] would be eaten last. Management is going to play this out to its logical conclusion and you cheeseheads can't even see it when it's right in front of you and we point it out.

Or do you continue to belabor a lost argument in some juvenile attempt to save face?

So when did ALPA decide to yield to management and let them determined when and if a merger occurs?

They haven't. Collective bargaining agreements determine if a merger is required to take place, and neither the DAL nor the CMR agreement required a merger to take place. On the other hand, both the NWA and DAL agreements require a merger to take place in this case. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand.

They haven't. Collective bargaining agreements determine if a merger is required to take place, and neither the DAL nor the CMR agreement required a merger to take place. On the other hand, both the NWA and DAL agreements require a merger to take place in this case. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand.

...but both DAL and CMR were in section 6 negotiations and could have made it part of the contract negotiations.....

Are the DAL pilots doing anything that doesn't comply with both PWAs? If they aren't doing anything that doesn't comply with the 2 PWAs then I guess you should be happy....Unless there is a double standard.....

...but both DAL and CMR were in section 6 negotiations and could have made it part of the contract negotiations.....

I'm not getting into this debate again. Suffice it to say that it's blatantly obvious to everyone that these two situations are completely different. Even you know they are, you're just trying to spin it to suit your purposes and to continue beating the dead horse that is the RJDC's arguments.

Are the DAL pilots doing anything that doesn't comply with both PWAs?

No, they're simply doing something that is monumentally stupid. I never said that they didn't have the right to do what they've done. They clearly do. But they are creating a complete mess by doing so, and it's not good trade unionism.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back