Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recalculating child support for first year pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
End the feminist family-court extortion system.

And a man has to be insane to marry these days. Over and over I see good friends ground to powder by the female-oriented family court system.

Advice: Do NOT play nice with an ex-wife. Use your lawyer. Fight her hard. Make it hard on her. Wear her down. Do NOT get stuck with imputed income that you are not actually making.

If she is reasonable, you be reasonable. Otherwise, make her pony up for lawyers.

Just don't get married! Sex for free costs more than when you have to pay for it!!!

I'll be hiring a lawyer when needed, but I want to educate myself a little from others experiences first. When I got divorced, my child support was calculated on my monthly average income. I'm hoping for a thumbs up from United this week, and if I am successful, I'll need to recalculate my child support to reflect first year pay. I'll have no income history from United, so will my child support be based on minimum hour monthly guarantee? Is that 70 hours at United? My ex's lawyer was a shark in the past, and I was just wondering what others in this situation have experienced.

Skaff,

I went through 2-3 years of sheer hell trying to get a divorce from a girl who was cheating on me with dudes I called "friend" for 16 years, smearing my name to anyone who would listen, instigating fights to get me on video as an "abuser" and filing false abuse claims with the court, asking for full custody... I turned the other cheek like MLK and jeebus would do and silently brought my documentation to court and politely "owned" the other side. For the false abuse, she didn't show up to court and called on the phone and "told" the judge that he should drop the case, as she had other things to do that day... right, well...

My $0.02 and only because you asked,

leave your case alone, move on with your life and enjoy your children when you see them.

if you re-open your case and I'm opposing counsel, I'm going to ask about United's total compensation package for the next xx years, including PRAP, Profit sharing, monthly on time bonuses, Per diem raises, longevity raises and any other benefits you will enjoy that my client now can't (victim card plays WELL in court)...

I'm going to ask the judge to deny you because you're taking the job at United voluntarily with full knowledge of the SHORT TERM loss of income and how you need to support your children regardless of your other choices, etc, etc...after it's all said and done, I'm then going to ask the Judge to make you submit a W-2 annually. Then I'm going to ask the Judge that you pay $0.10 of any GROSS dollar, PER CHILD that you earn over (70 hours X $first year pay rate) MONTHLY and including bonuses and profit sharing - until the kids are 18, die, emancipated, marry, turn 19, finish high school. (When you bid 787 FO in 5 years, and get a $10,000 profit sharing check, that extra 10% per child is going to sting unless you can get a cap in place....)

I'd also cite some cases where your case was denied previously - as these cases usually are in most states

and, unless you're in a VERY dad friendly state, you're going to end up paying Waaaay T F more than had you remained silent.

Why not try mediation with a retired family law judge from your state first?

Is it possible to negotiate with your ex out of court and without lawyers?

Good luck...

Last edited:
This is for your child, right? Or are you talking about spousal support?
Are you are questioning his willingness to pay for his kid? Have you ever been in his situation?

My kid didn't need the sports car and the 60 inch flat screen HD TV her MOM and step-dad decided was the bare minimum required to meet her needs. A Ford and a 48 inch TV were more than sufficient.

I busted my ass paying child support based on the states's formula. Luckily I had a Judge who agreed the money wasn't being spent wisely to the benefit of the child. He just asked my daughter if her Mom ever took her clothes shopping or feed her anywhere but a in a resturant.

Are you are questioning his willingness to pay for his kid? Have you ever been in his situation?

My kid didn't need the sports car and the 60 inch flat screen HD TV her MOM and step-dad decided was the bare minimum required to meet her needs. A Ford and a 48 inch TV were more than sufficient.

I busted my ass paying child support based on the states's formula. Luckily I had a Judge who agreed the money wasn't being spent wisely to the benefit of the child. He just asked my daughter if her Mom ever took her clothes shopping or feed her anywhere but a in a resturant.

I'm asking because I was wondering if in his state, they combine child and spousal support as one thing or if they differentiate. But as far as your question, it's also about equaling the QOL of the child at both households. It's not just in providing the bare necessities. But yeah, the underlying issue should be that each parent should want to support their children, financially as well. Sometimes as a parent you can't control certain things but that shouldn't stop them from doing what is right. Everyone will eventually be judged.

Latest resources

Back