• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Really wondering about LAX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA blows. They are never ontime, and it has infected the skywest side too.

You guys have too many chiefs and not enough indians.

Yeah, Well............But, most of us only have ONE wife, and sometimes that's one too many!

Never on time? We operate at the busiest airport in the world, in an 18 hour operation with multiple banks, 30-45 minute scheduled turns, 10-11 hour aircraft utilization, not enough gates and more flights added despite that, and in a part of the country that is exposed to ice storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, and severe thunderstorms (that can occur at any time of the year.) Did I mention Fog? Oh yeah, regular ATC ground delays are common. It's a wonder that it works as well as it does!

You operate most of your flights in SLC, where you have about 4 major flight banks, 6-8 hour aircraft utilization per day, hour + turns, plenty of real estate, an occasional snow storm, and rarely have ATC delays. Bid ATL and see what the real world is like!

Last edited:
Delta pilots and FA's aren't badged either. What you say may be true but because we were'nt badged has nothing to do with it.

Those that were badged in December have expiration dates of June, 2007. Ask anyone at LAX how long there SIDA badges are for and they will tell you 2 years. Always has been.

What I think is that management knew by the time we opened it that we were gone in 6 months. Look back to when the newhire class got to bid back to ATL without being replaced in LAX and you will have the exact week that they knew. Tutt slipped and told one of the LAX pilots that he had been working for months to reduce the number of impacted pilots.

Hindsight is 20/20.

We need to now focus on the significance of the ATL ramp deal. If you think they just found out last week and rolled-over over the loss of the gates, let alone the employee's, I have an island in the bahama's to sell you. This is the start of something big!

We need to now focus on the significance of the ATL ramp deal. If you think they just found out last week and rolled-over over the loss of the gates, let alone the employee's, I have an island in the bahama's to sell you. This is the start of something big![/quote]

are you talking about gate agents or did Skywest sell all the gates back to Delta also?

I guess you guys are starting to see what it's really like it ATL. Your ontime performance there sucks as well. ASA pilots fault? Hardly. It's the nature of ATL.

Skywest's on time performance at ORD is comparable to what ours is in ATL. Why not start barking about that as well? Is that our fault too?

I guess you guys are starting to see what it's really like it ATL. Your ontime performance there sucks as well. ASA pilots fault? Hardly. It's the nature of ATL.

Skywest's on time performance at ORD is comparable to what ours is in ATL. Why not start barking about that as well? Is that our fault too?

Delta handles SKYW in ATL, so their ATL performance has nothing to do with us.

PS: I recently had trips through SLC and we were never on time. Wrong pax boarded our plane while we were in mx, fuel 45 min late every time, releases brought down late every time, etc. And we were handled by SKYW.

Last edited:
Delta handles SKYW in ATL, so their ATL performance has nothing to do with us.

PS: I recently had trips through SLC and we were never on time. Wrong pax boarded our plane while we were in mx, fuel 45 min late every time, releases brought down late every time, etc. And we were handled by SKYW.

Thats because we wanted you to feel at home....

I moved all my belongings from DFW to SLC to ATL to LAX now I just set up my move back to ATL, how much do you think that has cost ASA

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back