Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got 3 people calling me back :) all pic jobs in jets

Last edited:
Hey, is the lead I gave you one of them?

no, i was about to contact your leads, but these came first and they are closer. ITs tough getting around the 135 jet w/pax requiring an ATP rule! Most of the leads you gave me require the atp. Thanks a lot though :)

CAVOK69 said:
we share rooms now b/c that is what they do with all of their other employees and we are the first pilots they have delt with.

No offense, but I really have to doubt that. I mean, I'm sure that's what they told you, but c'mon. What kind of business is this? When you fly more than one passenger to a destination, do they share hotel rooms? If not, why should you? I defy you to point to one person in your company, other than the other pilot, who has your level of education, specialized training, and responsibility on the job, who's being required to share living quarters. This just does not happen.

Paying your dues? Sure, I've shared hotel rooms when I was tagging along on trips with my buddy, to fly dead legs and log some turbine time, back when I was a flight instructor. This was MY choice - my presence wasn't required in the single-pilot-caravan operation, and the company and my friend were nice enough to let me ride along. But this company isn't doing you any favors. You're only in that plane becase they NEED someone with your training there. They keep you away from home for 18 days a month. For this, they compensate you with sub-par pay, and they won't even give you your own place to sleep? That's WAY sketchy. I don't understand why anyone here thinks you should accept that, in order to "pay your dues". I'll say it again: THEY AREN'T DOING YOU ANY FAVORS! You're there because they need you.

Once again, CatYaaak is the man! Awsome post. Gonna be laughing to myself about that for days! Carry on...TC

Catyaak

I can honestly say that is the funniest post I have read on here yet. But dang, how does someone get such a demented mind? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cavok

Just curious... but do you fly for a football team owner out of a dusty Texas town? If it's the one I think I've heard funny stories about the guy and the way he treated his past F/O's.

CAVOK69 said:
So here is my situation,

I am very lucky to have a type rated FO job in a lear 60. I fly left seat on the empty legs and fly every other leg in the right seat when we have pax. I am being paid well, 40,000 for my first year and they paid for the type rating. All seems great huh?

Problems...
1.I do not fly very much, around 20-30 hours a month ( i know this is normal for corporate aircraft).My Ultimate goal is FedEx. They only accept Part 1 PIC, but the guy I fly with has assured me that when I fly I am flying as PIC, and I put my name on the flight plan. Since this is Part91 I know that this will work, but it is a very slow process to getting the 1000 hours.
2. the guy I fly with is driving me crazy. He has some personal problems that cause him to be a huge jerk to me when we aren't flying. (We fly together all of the time, only two of us) He is an immature, alchoholic, emotionally unstable, and unproffesional D**** Bag. Lately he brings his personality into the cockpit and makes me wish I had never taken this job.

Here's a good example to my post.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=753122#post753122

Latest resources

Back