Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Swede said:
I'm leaning towards aluminum construction

Swede, while it might not meet everything you need, you own it to yourself to look at all your options.

With that being said....

<http://www.zenithair.com/>

Thanks Ultrarunner. I like the Zenith aircraft. My hangar is still full of household crap, and will be for many long weeks, while we work on the house. It hurts to watch the homebuilt cash supply go towards stuff like "stainmaster" carpeting, expensive appliances, etc. Unbelievable how many trips to Home Depot I've made, at least one a day, each racking up big $$.

I'm going to spend the weeks looking at all options. RV's seem to be a mid-range (price-wise) aircraft. I may end up looking to economize a bit.

Avionics would be a good place to start saving money. One could always do a basic VFR panel, then add as needed over time.

heh heh heh - the cozy is a cross country bullet. it is designed as a cross country bird.

passengers = 2+2
fuel = 60 +- gallons
cruise = 200+ mph
climb = 1800 fpm solo
climb = 1200 fpm gross

fuel burn 10 gph +-

these are flying numbers - not designer BS

Loaded in CG range - stall resistant to the point of proof

Quieter as it is a pusher
Quieter as it is foam/fiberglass construction

Unbelievable robust airframe

EZ to build

How much does it cost from start to finish? I know the kit is $14,000 put how much is the engine and instruments? It looks like a space ship. Does it fit 4 people comfortably?

Last edited:
psysicx said:
How much does it cost from start to finish? I know the kit is $14,000 put how much is the engine and instruments? It looks like a space ship. Does it fit 4 people comfortably?
It's plan built, no kit.
You may have been able to do the airframe to 14k back in the days, but I think today it will be more arround 20k. I think you can have a nice finished bird for 40k if you do the work yourself.

Well, the airframe is about 17,000 4 people - it is a 2+2, the back seats are rather small and are GREAT for baggage. They are fine for 1 or 2 hour flights, but i would not put full size adults in them for a new york to LA flight

Total cost - 40 to 150 thousand - you pick

Plans vrs kit - not a fair comparison, many "kits" take far longer than a cozy to build.

Latest resources

Back