• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ready Reserve Guidelines at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know about that...I had RR and they went and assigned me a 3-day out of the blue.

The new guidelines are BS anyway. Why would anyone want RR assigned 6 days in advance, when Open Time isn't assigned until 3 days prior? All that's happening is that we're now being screwed even more of trips, since RR is assigned ahead of Open Time. If RR exists on your schedule and you're number one in the bucket for a trip, you're bypassed since you already have an "assignment", which is RR.

So is this all there is to the new guidelines?

Also be advised that the scheduler talking to you on the phone is possibly not the one that "assigned" it. Does anyone know if there actually is a system over there that somehow "flags" some of us "tough guys?"

No system. If you're a jerk, though, you will earn yourself a reputation.

I'm not a jerk to them, but I like things done correctly. So, if they give me a trip out of order I call them out on it. I've been right 100% of the time. Does this earn me a reputation?

Call me, I will sit all 6 am RR if I have the days I am just sitting at the x pad. I don't mind at all. I am a commuter and will sit it, just pm me or let me know. Initials JM, seniority 812..

I'm not a jerk to them, but I like things done correctly. So, if they give me a trip out of order I call them out on it. I've been right 100% of the time. Does this earn me a reputation?

Not at all. It is our duty to correct them when they make a mistake. Eventually they'll get it right.

Just be nice about it. I'm sure none of them would fault you for pointing out a mistake if you do it with style.

Latest resources

Back