Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8rbama

no shirt no shoes no dice
Did Ready get any better? Is scheduling following the "guidelines" that were in the MEC email?

uh...no. Been short called for it twice this month and moved airplanes around for 6 hours one of those times. I guess it has been better than in the past. They have notified me further out for the other 3 times.

Last edited:
No they aren't doing sh!t. Short called yesterday for ready. Oh, then short called again today. I have seen one person that I know get assigned per the guidelines once this month. All three times I have been put on ready they have not been close to the guidelines. Have I kept Pete informed on it? You betcha! Everyone one else should too. They are guidelines, so in the end they don't really mean squat, but keep the Union in the loop if you want it to get fixed. As it is the random ready reserve negates any of the QOL benefits of having a bucket system.

Make sure you get the schedulers name. The other day I was looking at the bucket as I got short called for RR. They were not complying with the the new guidelines and when I called her on it she said in a rehearsed way, "I am unfamiliar with any new guidelines." I said OK, accepted the trip and called scheduling hotline just to get it on record. It will get better as long as we continue to document ALL errors.

I must have missed the email. Are these new guidelines? Could someone post them or P.M. a copy of the email.

That is total B.S! Every scheduler in fact knows the new guidelines. I spoke to the supervisor after a BS RR assignment (Which was removed) and was told that every scheduler was given the agreement to learn and know, and that they were supposed to follow it if at all possible.

One thing, though. The bucket system still does not really apply to RR's. This is what I don't like. The lowest blocked person is to be called, but the bucket itself does not do anything. In fact, where they go wrong is they seem to call the first person in the bucket every time.

In the last month (up to last week)

For me- 1 RRR assigned per guidelines, 1 RRR not per guidelines

For the guys in the crashpad: 4 assignments, *none* per guideline.

Also be advised that the scheduler talking to you on the phone is possibly not the one that "assigned" it. Does anyone know if there actually is a system over there that somehow "flags" some of us "tough guys?"

The new guidelines are BS anyway. Why would anyone want RR assigned 6 days in advance, when Open Time isn't assigned until 3 days prior? All that's happening is that we're now being screwed even more of trips, since RR is assigned ahead of Open Time. If RR exists on your schedule and you're number one in the bucket for a trip, you're bypassed since you already have an "assignment", which is RR.

Latest resources

Back