Read Magazines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MissKittyKat

Hello, if you have not had to chance to read Professional Pilot Magazine, you are so loosing a great deal of information on the corporate world and what it is all about.

December's magazine has great insight to a top 100 fortune company and what it takes to run a professional company. Enjoy the article.
Thanks, MissKat

MissKittyKat said:
Hello, if you have not had to chance to read Professional Pilot Magazine, you are so loosing a great deal of information on the corporate world and what it is all about.

December's magazine has great insight to a top 100 fortune company and what it takes to run a professional company. Enjoy the article.
Thanks, MissKat

withdrawn. too close to the holidays.

Last edited:
I once read, "PROFESSIONAL 'Hi, my name is Clay Lacy the greatest' PILOT" MAGAZINE.......

They do have some descent articles and columns, usually. I do think there are a few better trade magazines out there, though. AIN, Business Aviation, etc.

While i respect my elders in aviation, Mr Lacy can be a litle full of himself.....in my meager opinion.

Last edited:
Dear MissKittyKat,

ProPilot is not that great a rag. Formulaic writing and weak editing. Business and Commercial Aviation is much better. I'll take Fred George's pilot reports over Clay Lacy's any day of the week. Probably the only reason to look at ProPilot is the occasional James Waters/Robert Sumwalt contributions. First Class accident articles.

No hard feeling, no problem the article was on Nationwide Insurance, I enjoyed reading it, I hope many of you will too.
MissKat

MKK--sorry but most flight dept profiles are standard boilerplate mind numbing drivel. i have been a subscriber for 20+ yrs. it is not the best of breed magazine. i like Aviation International News more. B & C/A is a little better as well. you are preaching to the choir. i suppose you mean well.

I'd agree with all of you. Professional Pilot has lost a lot credibility with me. I can't believe some of the things that they quote the flight department managers saying. While some articles are good...I feel like I spend a lot of time "filtering" the articles for meaningful content. Also...do they really have to type all of those Certificates & Ratings & Types after Mr. Lacy's columns. Wouldn't it save more ink if they just printed what he's NOT typed in?

Let us not forget the ever infamous Learjet 35 trans-atlantic turns where the crew rested on the ramp at Luton in the "berthable" Learjet....then proceeded to fly back home to the West Coast US...

ahhh.....a "Pro-Pilot" golden moment....

Well, last recurrent, I was in class with one of the only "good" organizations that has been profiled ProPilot in the last couple of years.

I asked him about the article and he said, "The guy that wrote the article, hell he never even came out, we took our own pictures and wrote our own article, sent them in and guy edited it a little."

I asked why in the hell would you want to be profiled he said "the chief pilot's retiring, and he wanted a 'momento' before he left."

And you wonder why ProPilot has such a "distinguished" reputation?

My post was geared to low time pilots who are clueless! I suggest they read the article for a corporate pilot, it is very inspiringing, read the article, if you plan someday on landing a job with a Fortune 100 company.

Latest resources

Back