• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Read it and weep (in laughter)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never let anyone see you look up at the sound of an airplane. Never let anyone know you have wanted to be a pilot since you were old enough to remember. Deny the pictures you drew of airplanes and the models and paper airplanes you built when you were a kid. Suppress the memories of your dad taking you to the airport after church on Sunday to watch the planes take off and land. Never let anyone know how much you like flying.

You are not supposed to like it. You are supposed to wear your meanest face all the time and gripe and moan about about all facets of the industry. You are required to ridicule and scorn anyone who shows the slightest enthusiasm.

You are supposed to hate it all. Never, ever let on or let anyone see that it is otherwise lest you be branded a dork on FI.

You are my new FI hero! Extremely well said!

-Goose

I could give a damn if this guy gets hard around airplanes or not, but if you scroll down and read the section titled "Checkride passed. Reeked of unprofessionalism" he complains about having to get in a sim and fly emergency procedures in a computer that is nothing like the plane after flying real-life line operations for...wait for it.... A WHOLE YEAR!!! This is my issue with this guy. anyone can go fly the line everyday...a true professional pilot is ready at any time of any day on any leg for a true emergency. he complains about his instructors being unprofessional, but he is the unprofessional. he was unprepared in the sim and blamed it on the fact that he was in a sim. a true professional would say" hey, i wasnt quite as good as i could have been...next time will be better."

oh well...i dont care....and if the scientology thing is true then i really dont care

oh boy....the scientology thing is true. and what the he!! is "jeeping" but not going offroad? is that the same as driving? not a big car guy so maybe i am missing something. also i am willing to bet the wife is a mail order bride...not knocking it, but lets be truthful about everything!

oh boy.... is "jeeping" but not going offroad? is that the same as driving? not a big car guy so maybe i am missing something.

Apparently 'jeeping' is synonymous with buying a Hummer to go to Whole Foods and lap the parking lot.

Ok, I was all on board with the 'leave Brittney alone!' theme we had going in this thread until I hit the scientology and the 'jeeping'. I'm too much of a car guy to let it go, and as for the cult thing, well...

:beer:

...a true professional pilot is ready at any time of any day on any leg for a true emergency. he complains about his instructors being unprofessional, but he is the unprofessional. he was unprepared in the sim and blamed it on the fact that he was in a sim. a true professional would say" hey, i wasnt quite as good as i could have been...next time will be better."

I agree with you with a couple caveats; From what I read, his sim instructors were extremely unprofessional. Secondly, I like to think that I'm prepared for an emergency situation, but if you think that I should be able to do the stall series without a practice run-through after a year of giving it absolutely no thought whatsoever, you are sadly mistaken.

I don't see the fact that it is a sim vs. a real airplane being a real excuse. It is a box that looks like an airplane. You should know what to do, regardless of motion cues.

But you are exactly right on one thing: A true professional WILL say "hey, I wasn't quite as good as I could have been. Next time I will do better."

-Goose

Not going to read the last 3 pages, because frankly I don't care what others have to say in this matter. I will say though that the fact that you feel the need to post this here tells me more about you then about that kid.

God forbid the kids loves his life and his career.
FD

with several hundred hours of flight instruction given, I am well qualified to prepare you efficiently and thoroughly for your intended rating

Couple of hundred of hours? Yeah well qualified!

I teach for the love of it. I make plenty of money flying airliners

A FO at a regional making plenty of money? Now I have heard it all.

There's an old saying; you hate in others what you hate in yourself.

The truth is, each one of you who seems to loathe his blog have a lot of the same attributes inside each of yourselves. He's just secure enough to be open about it. If you didn't possess the same passion that this individual displays, you WOULDN'T be eating sheet from this industry over and over again. Some of you like to present yourselves as seasoned, salty and crusty, but deep down you had at one point all of the fervor this young kid displays.

Actually, I'm just curious how he flies betwee 80-90 hrs a month at his own figgerin' and still has the available time (<1000 hrs/yr) and time off (24/7) to make it all legalike. A smart thing would be leaving the references off just in case you want a leave a more abstract trail.

Latest resources

Back