• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Read it and weep (in laughter)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that defend him, I can understand your point. For those that make fun of him I laugh right along with you. He seems like a nice guy but when he writes "I make plenty of money flying airliners. However, general aviation is where my heart lies and I derive immense satisfaction from seeing a new pilot succeed." I can't help but laugh my a$$ off. Guys likes this are so gay for airplanes its embarassing for the rest of us, especially when we are trying to earn more $ doing it. Plenty of money as a TSA f/o, I can't remember making plenty of money over there.

New rule, anyone who refers to transport cat a/c as "airliners" is a douch3.

Never let anyone see you look up at the sound of an airplane. Never let anyone know you have wanted to be a pilot since you were old enough to remember. Deny the pictures you drew of airplanes and the models and paper airplanes you built when you were a kid. Suppress the memories of your dad taking you to the airport after church on Sunday to watch the planes take off and land. Never let anyone know how much you like flying.

You are not supposed to like it. You are supposed to wear your meanest face all the time and gripe and moan about about all facets of the industry. You are required to ridicule and scorn anyone who shows the slightest enthusiasm.

You are supposed to hate it all. Never, ever let on or let anyone see that it is otherwise lest you be branded a dork on FI.

We all love flying or else we wouldn't put ourselves through all this bs day in and day out but it is time to grow up and act like men instead of little boys. We all looked up at a/c flying across the sky when we were young but if the pilots of those planes saw how we are today they would label us all as pu$$ies, and they are right. How can you defend a guy that says 21 bucks an hour is plenty of money?

How can you defend someone who accepts the job?

...if the pilots of those planes saw how we are today they would label us all as pu$$ies, and they are right. How can you defend a guy that says 21 bucks an hour is plenty of money?
[/QUOTE]

Hoss, I think you are off the mark with this one.

No one wants to only make $21 an hour...however, you gotta start somewhere. The vast majority of us want to make the money that the top guys make at FedEx, et al. If you don't start at $21 per hour, though, you won't get to whatever the top paying scale is when it is your turn.

It's really shallow for folks to give newbies to the business contempt for paying their dues. If noob #1 doesn't take $21 per hour ($19 when I started), noob #2 will.

If first year pay really is that important to all the folks who look down upon the guys that take it, why don't the guys who don't make first year pay negotiate for more for those that do?

They get the raise for themselves, at the expense of the noobs.

Latest resources

Back