Re-interviews at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilottodd2

I (unsuccessfully) interviewed w/ SWA in 02/05 and was told 18 months until re-called. Can anyone answer the following questions?

1. Do the 2nd timers get pulled out of the stack as they come up? Or is it based on qualifications or how well/poor you did on the first interview?

2. Does anyone know anybody that had recently re-interviewed and when their initial interview date was?

3. With a 02/05 interview date, I think I would be getting close again for another shot. I update bi-monthly on the web site and have 6200 total, 3000 jet pic and 737 type, but no call. I have talked to Lindsey 3x the last few months and she says everything is in order and that I am very qualified, it is just taking time to get to me. Can anyone give an educated guess as to when the phone might start ringing??

Thanks

Sorry Todd, I don't have any answers for you, but am about to start feeling your pain since my year just came up and I just re-applied. A good friend of mine also interviewed in 02/05 and is waiting on his 2nd call too.

So who knows. I'm just gonna keep updating and waiting, and I'm gonna try not to blow it next time around!

Back When I Reinterviewed It Was A Year In Between Interviews .. But You Could Reapply Almost Immediately..as Long As You Didnt Go To The Interview Until A Year Was Up .. They Like Persistance .. Took Me 3 Times To Get Hired And Know Some Guys That Have Gone Thru 4 - 5 Times To Get Hired. ..a Lot Get In On The Second And Third Time .. They Just Dont Talk About It ... Good Luck

Hang in there...

-Interviewed 14 Dec. '04 the first time...
-I called back 14 Dec 05 to get back on the list
-They called me 7 Jul 06 for 2nd interview
-Second interview 26 Jul 06
-Just finished training and start IOE next week.
Hope this helps....another guy in our class was a second timer too.... - Bobo

I interviewed for the first time June 2005 and just re-interviewed a few weeks ago for the second time and hopefully last time in my career.

Thanks Bobo. If my timeline is parallel to yours, then my phone should start ringing any time now. (20 months for you, 21 months, and counting, for me)

Did you contact anyone on a periodical basis to remind them that you were still alive and was awaiting a second chance? Or did they just call you out of the blue? (Did they call yo or send you an Email for the interview?)

Where are you going to be based?

Congrats on your good fortune.

-Second interview 26 Jul 06 - Bobo

Bobo - I interviewed with you on 14DEC04. Congrats on getting hired. ....Waiting for #2.

RM

-Second interview 26 Jul 06
-Just finished training and start IOE next week.
Hope this helps....another guy in our class was a second timer too.... - Bobo
Hey Todd, I am the "other guy" that was in Bobo's class. I interviewed with Bobo back in December '05. Got the call for the second interview on June 26th '06. Second interview on July 25th '06. I called the People Dept. once every couple months after the re-application date just to keep my name out there. I have a couple friends that went for their second interview at 14 months from the first interview. Another couple right at 24 months. You're going to get called a some point in the next few months that's for sure. Keep the Faith, brother! And Todd, if you listen to anyone, listen to Bobo. He did hold the walking cane for us;-) Luv ya Bobo. Have fun on IOE! -Scoob

Thanks for the positive words Scoob.

I called Lindsey Lang and we chatted briefly today, and she said everything still looks good for me getting a 2nd shot, but I am not on the list as of now.
She also said that all interview classes for Dec are filled. They are slowing down for the holidays but will ramp right back up come January. She said numerous hiring, 600+, for next year.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but it looks like the only people getting another chance within the last 18-24 months or so are from the military side.
But w/ 6200+ total, 3200+ PIC in the CRJ alone, 4-yr degree, B737 type, and no convictions, one would think my name should pop out of their magical interview sorter sometime soon.

Latest resources

Back