• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
First off, yes I did search.

Okay, my one year is coming up. How do I go about re-applying? Do I log back on using my original information, or do I start from scratch? There have been some comments about having to call the PD, is this true?

Lastly, any idea on the time frame/success rate at landing a second chance?

Thanks.

Last edited:
you should have been updating it periodically this whole year, but yes just update your existing info on-line. Keep it current and don't forget to update the section that says date last flown.

When my year was up I actually called the PD and spoke to LL.

She said "Thanks for the call, we'll activate your app back into the system". Whatever the heck THAT means, and take it for what it's worth...

Which may not be much, considering they haven't called me and it's been a little over 3 years since my 1st interview.

I've heard of some guys never getting a 2nd call and I've heard of guys getting the 2nd or even 3rd call 2 weeks after their year was up.

Like I said, there seems to be absolute ZERO rhyme or reason to the PD. It's quite possibly the greatest single aviation mystery in existence today.

You don't need to call the PD. Just log in and update your application. For what it's worth, I didn't update during my year of ineligibility. It makes no sense if they aren't even going to look at your app during that year. The PD has said that they are calling people back at around the 18 month point. I have read of at least 2 people on this forum who got called at 19 months. I recently received the call to reinterview at 18 months.

In the past people have received the call at anywhere from just past 12 months to years later (or never). Just as their PIC requirements for calling first-timers varies, I imagine the time frame that they call people back varies with the number of second timers they have on file. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back