• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RE: Age 65. Food for Thought

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this is about age discrimination, why is age for the ATP set at 23? Why not 18...or lower? Why not lower the PPL age to 12?

Why not lower the driving age to 12? Are you really a Dumba$$....? Age 60/65 pilots/drivers? No difference.

Give up, Floppy. Age 60 isn't EVER coming back. The regulatory age is 65. Get it? 65.

He didn't say that, you pinhead. He was talking (hypothetically) about certain provisions that would limit the effects of 65 on junior people. Don't worry, it will never happen. He wasn't saying age 60 will be coming back. Read the post before you shoot your mouth off. Get it?

For some of these furloughed guys, you would need to make retirement age 100 for them to make up what they are losing now. They are listening to Prater speak thinking this is normal and he's got their back. It's BS! He's lying to them and all the rest of us as well. He took strike pay. He's not in favor of any stipend like that for furloughs. AND, he sold out the guys over 60 who might have come back. If there had been an honest attempt at scaling the seniority effects that would have worked as well. They guy sucks. I'm sort of flow charting his career in my mind and he's slanted this entire union in his own direction since day one. All the way to the top. Bear in mind, the reason I'm talking about this: I don't think he's done.

Remember John's article "The FO that get's it"? It's time he reprises that masterpiece with "The age 60+ captain that get's it". I'm afraid to say it would appear that Lorenzo treated John, and the replacement workers alike, better than he intends to see done for the furloughs?! Remember his hand wrinigng pleas for help for the old guys? Where is equal concern for the rest of ALPA? These are pilots with young families. He's taken food off their tables and shoes off their kids feet with no upside in sight. Anybody else bothered by this?

Why not lower the driving age to 12? Are you really a Dumba$$....? Age 60/65 pilots/drivers? No difference.

So quit the "age discrimination" yapping...it does not hold water.

So again I ask, why is the ATP set at 23? Why not lower.........seems no one can answer such a simple question. Should we let a 90 year old fly a commercial airplane? If not, why? Since we are comparing operating a 777 to driving a car, should we let a 16 year old fly a Boeing?

Maybe we should paid the same as taxi drivers...or pizza delivery guys...since it is just a car. Now who is the dumba$$......

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back