• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ratting out other pilots to the FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disagree. The professional thing for a legacy pilot to do is mentor and inform the crew of their wrong doing and lack of professionalism. Grow a sac. You are a grown man/ woman.

Really? I would never report another pilot to the FAA over a minor technicality - nothing less than a major safety issue.

Throwing other pilots under the bus just on the off chance it creates problems for management seems like a no-brainer low-class move.

Totally agree but what do you mean "off chance it creates problems for management?" If it's a personality issue call Professional Standards. If it's blatant disregard for FAA or company regs then I'd start with him, elevate to Pro Standards.

Nobody, no matter how big an *********************************** you are, deserves to be blindsided by your co-workers.

Gup

Legacy carrier = professional aviator. If it were a commuter pilot, different standards apply.

Whoa! Whoa! No there is not a difference in standards! And both are professionals.

Well you got to be more specific. Did they have the answers to ground school tests or were they smuggling cocaine in from the islands. Huge difference.

Ratting out fellow pilots is just wrong. We have enough to worry about in this profession with the FAA, company, checkrides, and medical exams. We shouldnt have to worry about our fellow pilots ratting us out. And for hearsay no less, wow.

I am surprized and dissapointed that some pilots on here think its ok.

Legacy carrier = professional aviator. If it were a commuter pilot, different standards apply.

Whoa! Whoa! No there is not a difference in standards! And both are professionals.

I agree.

I was hoping this would be the sarcasm trigger to my post. The original post implied what I merely stated facetiously.

Ratting out fellow pilots is just wrong. We have enough to worry about in this profession with the FAA, company, checkrides, and medical exams. We shouldnt have to worry about our fellow pilots ratting us out. And for hearsay no less, wow.

I am surprized and dissapointed that some pilots on here think its ok.

Well said,

This job is akin to avoiding land mines. As much as we tend to ignore it, there is stuff all around us everyday that has the potential to end our careers and livelihoods. The last thing we need, is to also worry about our peers doing us in.

People that have a vengeful mentality toward their fellow pilots, are better suited for another type of career. One that allows people to change companies at a moment's notice, and that allows the opportunity to carry one's salary to it.

In a regular job, people often change companies like they change underwear. In most cases they even make more money at their new companies. That's not the case with an airline career. That's why it is imperative that these individuals not be allowed to go unnoticed and become a cancer to our careers.

Latest resources

Back