Ratting out other pilots to the FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

livin'thesim

What would you all think of a guy who rats out hearsay (to the FAA) things about fellow pilots just to get even with management?

121 legacy-carrier guy, no less.

Especially when the pilots he ratted out were on his side, but he decided that didn't matter, as long as he could settle his score with management?

Really? I would never report another pilot to the FAA over a minor technicality - nothing less than a major safety issue.

Throwing other pilots under the bus just on the off chance it creates problems for management seems like a no-brainer low-class move.

The FAA should always be left out. If you need to turn someone in then report them to your Union Professional Standards.

A rat is a rat no matter how you slice it.. If you want to report someone, have the balls to look'm in the eye and tell him/her you're going to doing it..

Any person that uses the FAA, Management, or, the training department to get someone in trouble is a RAT. Problems/disagreements should be solved by using other avenues, end of story. Sorry, I have zero tolerance for this type of people.

Did the right thing

What would you all think of a guy who rats out hearsay (to the FAA) things about fellow pilots just to get even with management?

121 legacy-carrier guy, no less.

Especially when the pilots he ratted out were on his side, but he decided that didn't matter, as long as he could settle his score with management?

I would buy him a beer.

No pilot is above the FAA or company policy. Legacy carrier = professional aviator. If it were a commuter pilot, different standards apply.

Its your obligation and duty to inform the FAA of unsafe conduct on the flightdeck, hearsay or not.

You did the right thing.

Latest resources

Back