• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ramp changes in ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
;) Man, If they want D concourse, they can have it!! I know that they slowed us down in SLC like no tomorrow. I don't know what they teach you guys in 170 RJ school, but you are NOT taxing around a 777, :rolleyes: give me a freakin break already! Push up the power and get the FOK out of the way!!!

Rumor is that Big D has told ASA to get it's ATL act together by the end of the year or face the loss of airframes and DCI flying hand over fist. I just don't think that is very fair, we need at least until the end of the decade!

Comair flights are operated by delta rampers at the end of D concourse. Has been that way for about 3 weeks

Rumor is that Big D has told ASA to get it's ATL act together by the end of the year or face the loss of airframes and DCI flying hand over fist. I just don't think that is very fair, we need at least until the end of the decade!
Lets see now a 10% raise and keep all of your flying, or keep stalling and trying to nickle and dime your pilots? Well with our mgmt I guess we will be losing the Delta flying.

Geez, I hope they do something soon. I don't know what's going on over at ASA but I fly ASA every week (as a passenger) and the delays over the past 6 months or so have gotten brutal. ASA has always had issues with it's aTL ramp but lately it seems the flight is at least an hour late by the time I'm checking in and it usually gets worse from there. Absolutely pathetic.

I feel bad for the pilots and flight attendants who find themselves constantly having to appologize for the delays after trying to complete one 15 minute turn after another to try and pick up time. Pure BS.

Until SGU realizes the only way to improve our ramp is to clean out the puzzle palace and force ASA to change the way we do business, things won't change. This is just the latest smoke and mirrors trick for ASA mgmt to try to preserve their jobs. Someday JA will realize that the present ASA mgmt structure doesn't have the ability to manage the ATL ramp, or our benefits, or the rest of the company. That's because you can't supervise people from the breakroom, and you can't run a company from your favorite table at Malone's.

My prediction is carriers using other than ASA support will have better performance, and ours won't improve at all. And mgmt will blame the "labor pool ", and not the lack of mgmt.

As far as the exceptionally bad performance the last couple months, that should improve with the reopening of 8L yesterday. Most of my delays have been legitimately due to ATC flow delays arriving into ATL. Of course, if DAL knows that 1-2 hour flow delays are going to be typical, then 45 minute turns probably won't work.

Geez, I hope they do something soon. I don't know what's going on over at ASA but I fly ASA every week (as a passenger) and the delays over the past 6 months or so have gotten brutal. ASA has always had issues with it's aTL ramp but lately it seems the flight is at least an hour late by the time I'm checking in and it usually gets worse from there. Absolutely pathetic.

I feel bad for the pilots and flight attendants who find themselves constantly having to appologize for the delays after trying to complete one 15 minute turn after another to try and pick up time. Pure BS.

imagine what it feels like to fly 5 legs a day dealing with this all day...I think Delta and ASA are to blame...they overloaded ATL...and ASA can't handle it. Delta ain't much better but they definately are more organized. The best advice I can give anyone (and I do) is to avoid ATL period. AA, CAL, UAL...they offer more options through more than one large hub. AA has DFW, MIA, ORD...UAL has IAD, ORD, DEN...you all get the point. What does Delta offer? A mess in ATL...a mess in JFK...and very few options through CVG and SLC. If I were you...if I could I would find another option...trust me I work there.

About the only thing that will change the Atlanta ramp is money. Spend more money to staff each spot with a team of 3 people and run the operation like a NASCAR style pit stop. That should help the turn around times and the congestion. Our fix for this mess is efficiency through people- management would rather throw the money in other, ineffective ways of curing the problem.

Hey, those really nice looking ramps should help- oh wait, that's just something else for the overworked, understaffed, undermotivated ramp personel to do.

buying some more sand bags might help, which they ran out of causing a 30min delay the other day. How does an airline run out of sand bags, give me a break! This place is a joke and the people who run it are worse. I get better service from a 15 year old kid cleaning my golf clubs for a buck then I do on our ramp.

buying some more sand bags might help, which they ran out of causing a 30min delay the other day. How does an airline run out of sand bags, give me a break! This place is a joke and the people who run it are worse. I get better service from a 15 year old kid cleaning my golf clubs for a buck then I do on our ramp. Oh ya, ourasa another great think though up of someone at a desk. Now we have to go to three websites when we duty in and can't even see what is going on in world during our 4 hour sit time in atl. paycut my ###

Latest resources

Back