• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Mike I remember you gliding into the field I was watching you on flight tracker. I remember when you called I didn't know who you were since you just started. You said "this is Mike I don't know if any told you but I am in a field" something like that.

Airmugsy.
Heard about your nightime glide through word of mouth. By that time I was outbased by myself down in Macon.

The story I heard was you deadsticked it into a private airfield and the owner rolled up on you with a shotgun because he thought you were running drugs. After convincing him you weren't he dove you into town... but still at gunpoint.

I've gotta know it this is the way it happened or have you become a Ram Air urban myth.
Kinda. I did glide to a private fly in place, the residents did drive out after I deadsticked it in and told me it was private and my Lance was leaking oil all over their runway. I was busy kissing the runway. The shotgun story was from the other Florida pilot who landed in some other private field, and yes, the owner did meet him with a shotgun. I think it was the Lance with the curtains on it, so that alone looks sketchy I guess.. That was about a month earlier.
I did get to ride in a backwoods Georgia cop car that was older than me, to a hotel, and the cop drove so fast on these dirt roads. I got carsick on the way there and almost used a Bank of America bag as a sick sac. Survived a night deadstick landing to only get carsick afterwards.

I flew for Ram in 2006 had a lot of fun I miss the my run 10 am 6 pm. great experience don't miss the T storms with no weather radar.

Hey Mike I remember you gliding into the field I was watching you on flight tracker. I remember when you called I didn't know who you were since you just started. You said "this is Mike I don't know if any told you but I am in a field" something like that.

Sup Adrian. Good to hear from you.

Yeah I had no idea who to call so I called the office. Having just left on my first revenue flight and calling you from a field 5 minutes later "Hey this is Mike I'm in a field" was all I could get out.

worked for package express, that count? race city rules!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back