• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight training contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The military has a training contract of sorts for their flight crews, their crew members have to stay in for a certain period of time, starting at 6 years for the Navs.... The reason is training a pilot is expensive!!! Does the military fall into the catagory of a shady operation?? Every company lets you know what you make before you take the job, if pay is an issue say NO.... The companies that have training contacts let you know about it before you get hired.... If these issues are troubling to you, then say NO..... Just dont expect me, or quite a few other people to feel sorry for you if you break your contract, because you know everything you need to know to make an informed decision before you sign on the line.... And those folks that choose to break their contracts, I hope it costs you a job in the future....

Please be gentle. I should probably shy away from this for lack of having a "flame proof suit" but see some valid points.

From a company standpoint.
.training is expensive=cost of doing business
.contracts=could be a nessecary evil (in some cases)
.do a good job (not illegal OR unsafe)=good reference
.we are all building a career and movement is expected, companies would love to have you stick around for a year * and some even pay "better"
.when someone bails it is not just a matter of telling the company tough, there are line pilots who are now having to cover

From this pilots standpoint.
.I will not sign a contract (unless Air Force One has an opening)
.I will not let any company force me to fly, period. (unless I am in the military)

Kinda the bottom line here guys is this. You have a choice.
First, NEVER risk you life or career.
Second, Don't sign a contract if you don't intend to honor it. There are so many more options for pilots now that I don't see why you would have to sign a contract. There are companies that do not have contracts, pay well (considering the industry norm, sadly) and honor PIC decisions.
Third, Do the research before you get there. This board is EXCELLENT for that.

Remember, we could have all gone to med school and bought a fleet of jets for what we have paid out both in time and money to get here.

* pilot plz, if SW calls, I am so outta here

First they start you on a lance, and a 6th month contract. Then upgrade anywhere from 2 week to 2 month is upgrade time, another 6 months on that. That is how the guy worded it to me.

Latest resources

Back