• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Raises all around!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, if demand for pilots stays steady and the supply goes down, pay will go up. Which sounds good to me! Wassup dog?

"Demand" right now is currency and recency with a specific number of hours required on that type. I'm speaking mostly of corporate aviation here. They don't have to offer raises until after they've lowered requirements. Likewise, corp. aviation doesn't like airline pilots. Once they start taking those, lowering other requirements, and work pilots more hours, then there might be demand.

The economy as a whole affects demand. If corp. returns suffer, the first thing to go are the perks, i.e. jets.

Then, there's our government. Corp. loopholes might just disappear, along with increased taxes and corp. aviation could tank a la the "1986 Tax Reform Act." There's also the whole "climate change" debate and carbon taxes.

Things never "stay the same."

"Demand" right now is currency and recency with a specific number of hours required on that type. I'm speaking mostly of corporate aviation here. They don't have to offer raises until after they've lowered requirements. Likewise, corp. aviation doesn't like airline pilots. Once they start taking those, lowering other requirements, and work pilots more hours, then there might be demand.

The economy as a whole affects demand. If corp. returns suffer, the first thing to go are the perks, i.e. jets.

Then, there's our government. Corp. loopholes might just disappear, along with increased taxes and corp. aviation could tank a la the "1986 Tax Reform Act." There's also the whole "climate change" debate and carbon taxes.

Things never "stay the same."

Good post!

You brought tears to my eyes with the mention of the "1986 Tax Reform Act". It was the game changer for many of our clients when it came to investing in real estate, railroad cars, aircraft leases, cattle, and Mississippi river barges.

Destroyed all the tax planning that we did back in the day...so I got into private aviation. Still curse Reagan...but it was good for the USA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back