• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH to buy another Airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think RP170 is correct, although I haven't heard any of them whine, infact most have come to realize that they got a decent deal - not a great deal, but much better than the alternative. You can say that the union screwed up, but from what I understand, ALPA rules in this situation would have left them out in the cold (I may be wrong).
Nevertheless, they got to keep their current pay, better benefits and better work rules than they had previously - all for sitting right seat. That's a better deal than many would get in a similar situation.

They are not complaining what number they are on the list but fighting to get back their longevity. As a RAH pilot, you don't give that support for them instead you think ALL of them are whinning about it. Do you think they want to know what happened? Do you think they want the unions support? Do you think they need your support?

Management will say NO to anything on the contract but it's the Union that's supposed to fight for the membership, even I know that. So, what side of the fence are you?

This may be the most retarted post I've read. I'm dumber now than prior to reading it.

The company is complying with an agreement from the integration, and people bitch. It's people like you that need to quit talking because you make us all look stupid. It's not our fault (the native pilots of CHQ) that the S5 guys felt Captain pay protection (short-term gain) is more important than longevity (long-term gain). They made their bed, now they have to lay in it.

If the company makes an agreement, then we ask them to break it, we're setting a precedent we don't want. How is the union "fighting for the membership" if we ask the company to ignore a written agreement? That's like asking them to just ignore the reserve portion of the contract for $3.00/hr raises for everyone.

Not to sure about that one since our Captains (Dash 8) make what your 170 Captains make and our FO starting pay is at your 4 year FO pay. So right now it would most likely be a pay cut based on their history!

Where can this be verified? It's not on APC....

Nevertheless, they got to keep their current pay, better benefits and better work rules than they had previously - all for sitting right seat. That's a better deal than many would get in a similar situation.

Exactly. Enough said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back