Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TAWS

RAH crew transport
Apparently, there are rumors of street captain positions being offered at RAH. These rumors are mostly coming from MESA guys, who "have a friend, who interviewed there and was offered a street captain position".
It might have skipped your attention that this won't happen at RAH for a very long time, if ever - you see, unlike Pinnacle or Big Sky, we have more than enough candidates who qualify. So if your "buddy" is offered a position like this, tell him/her that they will go to training as an FO, not captain - so they should probably reconsider resigning their present job.

Have a nice day ladies!

Apparently, there are rumors of street captain positions being offered at RAH. These rumors are mostly coming from MESA guys, who "have a friend, who interviewed there and was offered a street captain position".
It might have skipped your attention that this won't happen at RAH for a very long time, if ever - you see, unlike Pinnacle or Big Sky, we have more than enough candidates who qualify. So if your "buddy" is offered a position like this, tell him/her that they will go to training as an FO, not captain - so they should probably reconsider resigning their present job.

Have a nice day ladies!

Yeah right. Man you guys are too easy ! Naive ! lol

J4J guys is a possiblity, but no street captains. We have plenty of qualified people here. These rumors surface every now and again. Completely untrue!!!!!
Have a nice day ladies...:D

Lets see, in 6 months, nobody off the street has been trained as a Captain or even given a PIC type except for the J4J guys.

But dozens have claimed to be hired as street captains on the CRJ or 170.

It's all BS.

Not BS.... J4J - not sure bout them... but I do know that they are giving CA positions from day 1 to selected few

If thats the case then back it up with initals and DOH, and someone on the seniority list can look it up. Come on step up

The ONLY street captains allowed are Chief Pilots (except J4J), but they aren't in a hurry to hire any, as they don't want to spend the money. Catch 22.

They will offer guys anything at an interview - they have done it before. If this were to really happen there would be a sick-out that would negate the cost savings of such a move (for the company) in about 1 hour or less. They know it, we know it.

No I will not release a name especially on here. I'm not going to scew my bud over just so I can say I told you so. But they way they are getting around it is hiring right into the training department as sim instructor. So technically it's not a "street captain", but still gets the PIC type and will be flying left seat with a training captain for a few months or whatever.

You must think we're morons! FSI do the instructing, OUR CK Airmen do the CK rides - no-one else!

If you're going to flame, get your facts straight first! CK Airmen here only do PCs and the CK rides in the sim. RAH is not going to pay for these guys to sit in the sim and do training - it's cheaper to use FSI.

Myth BUSTED!!!!

One more thing, this company can't free up anyone to do anything that isn't absolutely necessary, let alone have a CK Airman ride around with a new guy for "a couple of months".

Thanks for playing.

You must think we're morons! FSI do the instructing, OUR CK Airmen do the CK rides - no-one else!

If you're going to flame, get your facts straight first! CK Airmen here only do PCs and the CK rides in the sim. RAH is not going to pay for these guys to sit in the sim and do training - it's cheaper to use FSI.

Myth BUSTED!!!!

We have at least one check airman on the Chautauqua side who was hired as a management check airman. His initials are R.J. He is not on the seniority list, but is considered a captain without the ability to bid a line. He only flies the line to stay current and spends the rest of his time giving checkrides and proficiency checks. He might be allowed to give I.O.E. I am not sure about this one. I would in no way call him a street captain, but he is the closest thing to it. I am not sure if there are other pilots like him or not. It would not surprise me if Chautauqua hired more though.

Latest resources

Back