Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagle is hiring street CAs

HockeyPilot,

We don't have any of those over at Shuttle, or at Republic (to the best of my knowledge). Given the present mood on the 170 side, it would be a bad move, if mngt pulled this on us now - they have zero reserves available almost every day and can not afford to piss us off further.
Besides, I heard that they are making more CK Airmen (from the existing list) on the Shuttle side.

We have at least one check airman on the Chautauqua side who was hired as a management check airman. His initials are R.J. He is not on the seniority list, but is considered a captain without the ability to bid a line. He only flies the line to stay current and spends the rest of his time giving checkrides and proficiency checks. He might be allowed to give I.O.E. I am not sure about this one. I would in no way call him a street captain, but he is the closest thing to it. I am not sure if there are other pilots like him or not. It would not surprise me if Chautauqua hired more though.

Exact same thing that Republic is doing.

They are going to be doing their own checkrides, they want FSI out of it. You will see.

Exact same thing that Republic is doing.

They are going to be doing their own checkrides, they want FSI out of it. You will see.

So what you're saying is that they are going to take a CRJ captain, make him/her a 170 captain and expect them to produce better results than FSI?

FSI has plenty of problems, but they are experienced and can easily tweak their program. I don't see it happening, unless ALL they do is sim work. If they aren't on the seniority list, they wouldn't be covered by the CBA, therefor their pay for doing 170 training would be waaayyyyyyyyyy below what our average captains/CK Airmen earn.

Case in point: S5 is looking for a new CP, but all the position pays is $50K. (approx).
Who is going to put up with all that crap for less than they can earn in the left seat of almost any regional out there today?
I doubt "training captains" are going to be paid more than a CP.

We have at least one check airman on the Chautauqua side who was hired as a management check airman. His initials are R.J. He is not on the seniority list, but is considered a captain without the ability to bid a line. He only flies the line to stay current and spends the rest of his time giving checkrides and proficiency checks. He might be allowed to give I.O.E. I am not sure about this one. I would in no way call him a street captain, but he is the closest thing to it. I am not sure if there are other pilots like him or not. It would not surprise me if Chautauqua hired more though.

Check your seniority list. When I left a year ago he was on it, hired in 6/03. He was hired as a sim checkairman and conducted new hire checkrides and recurrent PCs. He did not do type rides, or IOE (as of a year ago). This caused a bit of heartache at the time because up to that point, checkairman were promoted from within the ranks of line pilots. He flew the line as a captain for currency (and not very well from what I heard) and as outlined for management pilots per the CBA. He is a management pilot, but does have a seniority number just like BW and CM.

Case in point: S5 is looking for a new CP, but all the position pays is $50K. (approx).

Yep, pay was about that first year...

Who is going to put up with all that crap for less than they can earn in the left seat of almost any regional out there today?

Well, I would consider that one hell of an offer. First year F/O pay or that pay for sim instructor w/ a PIC type? Apparently it is a new thing RW is going to try out.

Did R.J. ever have any experiece at XJ??

Latest resources

Back