• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH or Midwest? RWY Incursion LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The major incidents of the past couple of weeks makes it obvious that a loss of situational awareness can happen to anyone at any time, at any airport including your hubs, at any age and any pay scale. To my new Republic brothers who are taking so much heat for so much these days, just keep doing your job and ignore the haters.

"dude what are you going to do on your overnight?"

"well going to die my hair blonde."

"dude that is almost as awesome as getting paid 55 bucks to fly this 190. Can't believe I get paid that much. F*&ck those midwest EXPRESS pilots. we do not even say EXPRESS we are a major getting paid big money."

"Yeah boy I hear dat."

"You from ATL?"

"You my bi%tch tonight."

"I am picking up what you are putting down."

"Holy sheeite what was that? I think we be crossing a runway"

"Dude did I tell you the time I crossed a runway with my cessna 150? Hell that was last week with embry riddle, it was awesome." "Did I tell you I was making 55 bucks as hour?"

How did this go from insinuating the pilots are gay to a Ebonics script. I missed that note. Oh, wait! Jetdawg, are you writing a script for some super Hollywood producer? You gots a future, dawg!

When I worked for Midwest I went into LA for the first time. Since then, I have probably been there 10-15 times. Throughout the last ten years I have flown with numerous guys that have told me about incursion horror stories about this place. It also helped that the Midex Captain I was working with has been flying in there for 25 plus years. Now I am flying a smaller jet for a charter company and go in and out of LA often. I always share everything I know with the other guy just in case he is not aware of the situation there.

Everyone has their good days and bad days. Even if you are always competent and cautious there are some places you have to be extra cautious. Just like flying the visual to 1L in MKE vs flying the River Visual in DCA. LAX has a nasty history of runway incursions, planes landing over the top of other etc. You don't need experience in LA to know these things, but experience in the industry never hurts.

"dude what are you going to do on your overnight?"

"well going to die my hair blonde."

"dude that is almost as awesome as getting paid 55 bucks to fly this 190. Can't believe I get paid that much. F*&ck those midwest EXPRESS pilots. we do not even say EXPRESS we are a major getting paid big money."

"Yeah boy I hear dat."

"You from ATL?"

"You my bi%tch tonight."

"I am picking up what you are putting down."

"Holy sheeite what was that? I think we be crossing a runway"

"Dude did I tell you the time I crossed a runway with my cessna 150? Hell that was last week with embry riddle, it was awesome." "Did I tell you I was making 55 bucks as hour?"

AWESOME
RAH is the new MESA. Enjoy scab status scumbags

Worse than crossing a picket line. Flying the EMB 190 for 55 dollars in the left seat and 30 in the right seat is worse than a scab. Just look at the jetblue payrates. Good luck. I hope you have fun flying with the real midwest express pilots and try explaining to them why you under cut them and destroyed their airline.

This industry is Dog eat Dog. When RAH gets to big someone will come in and undercut them. They will then point fingers and call names. Regionals simply feed on the scraps that Legacy carriers throw them. Now RAH will have to compete against United, LUV, DAL, AAI and what have you. Management will tell them they can't pay them more because they won't be competitive. Same BS at every airline. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. None of us are immune from the Furlough disease. One thing you RAH guys better remember is that your management has many tools to whipsaw. Just saying.

Latest resources

Back