• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tyuwerty

Quit your whining!
http://cbs2.com/local/LAX.near.collision.2.1272248.html

LOS ANGELES (CBS) ―

FAA officials confirmed that two jets came within 100 feet of crashing at Los Angeles International Airport at 2:20 p.m. Sunday. (File)
CBS
Two planes came within 100 feet of catastrophe at Los Angeles International Airport over the weekend, Federal Aviation Administration officials reported.

A Midwest Express jet didn't follow instructions and crossed a runway just as another plane was taking off, officials said. The incident occurred shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday.

It's estimated that the planes were just under a 100 feet from crashing.

Officials said this is the most serious near-collision at LAX since an upgraded safety system was installed two years ago.

Thankfully no one hurt or killed. That could have been very ugly!

Oh, it was an E190. Guys could count on one had the number of times they'd been to LAX!

Last edited:
Oh, it was an E190. Guys could count on one had the number of times they'd been to LAX!

Exactly...I for one was born having flown into and out of LAX, SFO, JFK, LGA, BOS, ORD hundreds of times...and I see ultrarunner was too.

Give me a freaking break...they missed a radio call, or the controller was calling with a different call sign.

Clearly mainline pilots are all immune from screwing up...
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=5578161

I bet Republic had those super bright strobes on. Those things piss me off.

Sometimes a "little" local knowledge helps.

That is true...only one way to get local knowledge, be born with it like me, or go the the locale.

Yeah....because either of those things would cause an aircraft to cross an active runway.

So you agree, it is settled...I was speculating just like everyone else.

"dude what are you going to do on your overnight?"

"well going to die my hair blonde."

"dude that is almost as awesome as getting paid 55 bucks to fly this 190. Can't believe I get paid that much. F*&ck those midwest EXPRESS pilots. we do not even say EXPRESS we are a major getting paid big money."

"Yeah boy I hear dat."

"You from ATL?"

"You my bi%tch tonight."

"I am picking up what you are putting down."

"Holy sheeite what was that? I think we be crossing a runway"

"Dude did I tell you the time I crossed a runway with my cessna 150? Hell that was last week with embry riddle, it was awesome." "Did I tell you I was making 55 bucks as hour?"

Latest resources

Back