• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH NMB Ruling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree that DL canceled the contract, but if ACA had let its completion factor fall too low (the figure I remember was 96%) then DL could have canceled the contract for performance, not due to scope issues, which would not have allowed ACA/Indy to put the aircraft on DL. I just remember it was crazy that summer because of the engine issues and management pushing to get flights completed even though we had 2 or 3 gliders in Columbia all summer with no engines.

Actually, the MX issues on those planes was a nightmare from day 1 in the summer of 2000. Our mechanics were top notch, but if you don't have the parts support from the manufacturer, forget it. It's funny we fly those planes for 4 years before Pratt and Fairchild/Dornier FINALLY decide to do reduced thrust takeoff data.

Supposedly they were looking at Skyway and Comair to operate the aircraft when Mesa came along and offered to take over the Dojet flying and pay DL for the leases on the Dojets. The rumor was JO was willing to lose money initially to get his nose into the Delta tent. Then DL dumps the leases in bankruptcy and JO is off the hook. Not saying all that is true, but its what I heard from multiple sources.

SkyWay was the winner.

I've been in and out of MYR several times, and the sight of those Dojets suffering a slow death is pretty sad. The Dojet operation in Cincy was the most fun I've had in this business, it was a bunch of great people with a fun airplane and I think about it every time I go thru CVG.

I've seen a lot of the places at various FBO's across the country, some went to Europe/Asia as well as UJC in the U.S. I talked a UJC guy that picked one up in MYR and they had to repo it to a facility with the gear down. CVG was good times, but so was LGA at the beginning as well as BOS. Especially on the TDY.

They were also a money drain EVERY other time fuel prices went up. Wasn't till recently that the legacy's management figured that out. But there's also other collateral effects that cause them to be expensive besides fuel. Overall higher operation costs compared to the 90's for one, the massive redundancy they created that NWA/DAL figured out weren't needed for 2.

As far as more having to be done to cut losses, pilot contracts have proven to be on that list as well.

Very true about the contracts, but it looks like we along with management agree the 50 seaters have got to go, now. Our next contract opener starts soon, and this time, even with high fuel, we aren't close to BK. Here's to hoping UAL/CAL paves the way for scope reform. It's time.

OYS

Very true about the contracts, but it looks like we along with management agree the 50 seaters have got to go, now.

Well, sort of. The 50's need to go for fuel cost reasons. The 70's gotta go (from "regional" to mainline) for career protection. As well as the money saving aspect of having everything "in house". Something the legacies figured out long after all the RFP awards was that it was MORE expensive to play the "regionals" off against one another in RFP after RFP going to the lowest bidder. The "regional" CEO's were saying they could do it for cheaper, only to not have it done as cheap as the promised when sending the RFP back.

Our next contract opener starts soon, and this time, even with high fuel, we aren't close to BK.

True, but don't think for one minute that management won't use the high fuel cost card as leverage in negotiations.

Here's to hoping UAL/CAL paves the way for scope reform. It's time.

OYS

They sad part is, CAL has the strong scope language of all the legacies. At least as far as it relates to turbojet aircraft anyway. They seriously dropped the ball on the turboprop language. Every other legacy folded like superman on laundry day. I KNOW, it was given away during the 90's and early 2000's when the big fat paycheck came, as well as well as leveraged post 9/11 during the BK's, just sayin'

Well, sort of. The 50's need to go for fuel cost reasons. The 70's gotta go (from "regional" to mainline) for career protection. As well as the money saving aspect of having everything "in house". Something the legacies figured out long after all the RFP awards was that it was MORE expensive to play the "regionals" off against one another in RFP after RFP going to the lowest bidder. The "regional" CEO's were saying they could do it for cheaper, only to not have it done as cheap as the promised when sending the RFP back.

True, but don't think for one minute that management won't use the high fuel cost card as leverage in negotiations.

They sad part is, CAL has the strong scope language of all the legacies. At least as far as it relates to turbojet aircraft anyway. They seriously dropped the ball on the turboprop language. Every other legacy folded like superman on laundry day. I KNOW, it was given away during the 90's and early 2000's when the big fat paycheck came, as well as well as leveraged post 9/11 during the BK's, just sayin'

We've heard DL is hedged better than most, and even if oil were to hit $130 a barrel, we'd be fine. That is hedging for mainline, not DCI. And this time airfare hikes have kept up mostly with the oil increase, so mainline isn't affected as much. As far as contracts go, the merger supposedly has produced "synergies" like merging call centers, ticket counter personel, gates, etc. $2 billion in debt was just paid down, and profits were great last year. The CEO just stated we should have a small profit for this year too, even with the Japan and fuel stuff going on. That could help during contract negotiations, and they won't be crying poor as much as before. I went through this at United before getting furloughed, so I have seen this before. I feel we have a good shot at some restoration this time around, and that goes for both pay and scope.

OYS

The cost of oil is somewhat irrelevant; already fuel prices (for Jet, diesel and gasoline) at $110/bbl crude are higher than they were in 2008 when oil was the exact same price. Thank 1. a higher price for Brent crude and 2. refineries operating at less than max capacity for that.

As far as 50 seaters go...I'm sure DAL would love nothing more than to immediately park 40-50% of the ones currently flying DCI, but they can't due to contracts with their lift providers...so they won't. But as those contracts start to expire, look for small jet lift to be reduced - not just at Delta but every legacy with outsourced regional lift.

As far as 50 seaters go...I'm sure DAL would love nothing more than to immediately park 40-50% of the ones currently flying DCI, but they can't due to contracts with their lift providers...so they won't. But as those contracts start to expire, look for small jet lift to be reduced - not just at Delta but every legacy with outsourced regional lift.

Then maybe we can get DAL management on our side in exercising the language in our Section 1. They seem to have better lawyers than we do.:rolleyes:

How did an RAH bashing thread turn into a Delta thread? :confused: back on topic boys. I'll start. RAH pilots scratch their butts, then smell their fingers.:eek:

For those with no sense of humor whatsoever, the above post is a childishly lighthearted attempt at schoolyard humor. I'm not planning on quitting my day job.

Latest resources

Back