• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Contract negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In all honesty, I think RAH should be raising the bar on the regional level. They have the leverage to do so, since they fly for just about every major carrier out there. FIGHT for pay raises, qol, schedules, holiday pay, night time override, international pay, vacation time, compensation, etc. Dont let this go un-noticed.

There are many other regional carriers that provide feed for 1 carrier, and that isnt a good feeling when its comes time for contracts. We have no leverage. Many of us cant compete with RAH in the regional market. Its your choice if the bar is raised or lowered.

Regionals like Skywest help make the decision for us by voting in sub standard pay increases, as long as the upgrade is one year. I'm glad that their classes and upgrades have stopped because now those F/O's who voted in that POS will have to live with it for 3yrs now before they upgrade. Enjoy that 1% boys

In all honesty, I think RAH should be raising the bar on the regional level. They have the leverage to do so, since they fly for just about every major carrier out there. FIGHT for pay raises, qol, schedules, holiday pay, night time override, international pay, vacation time, compensation, etc. Dont let this go un-noticed.

There are many other regional carriers that provide feed for 1 carrier, and that isnt a good feeling when its comes time for contracts. We have no leverage. Many of us cant compete with RAH in the regional market. Its your choice if the bar is raised or lowered.

Which is what I have been preaching to everyone I come in contact with. Especially the newbie FOs.

We are ***Trying to raise the bar***

The pilots could ratify the Ten Commandments, but it won't amount to a hill of beans. It has nothing to do with strict wording, the so-called "black and white language, with examples" for which the more naive among the pilot group clamor. It won't be worth the paper upon which it is written until the 747 "leadership" decides they want to enforce it.

When you sell out for growth opportunity you just need to look over at Mesa and see how well that worked out.

I'm not going out of my way to defend Mesa, but how exactly do you figure they sold out for growth. You DO remember Freedom-A right?

You can only be as good as the one responsible for writing the language for the contract. They might be in a good position, but:

RAH is screwed

Our current language is very Grey and needs vast improvement. Writing contract language is painstakingly long and demanding work. It is not something you just sit down and type. Not to mention negotiations also are painstakingly long and stressful hence why negociations take as long as the do. How Exactly Is RAH Screwed????

Our current language is very Grey and needs vast improvement. Writing contract language is painstakingly long and demanding work. It is not something you just sit down and type. Not to mention negotiations also are painstakingly long and stressful hence why negociations take as long as the do. How Exactly Is RAH Screwed????

Here is how:

I say again:
The pilots could ratify the Ten Commandments, but it won't amount to a hill of beans. It has nothing to do with strict wording, the so-called "black and white language, with examples" for which the more naive among the pilot group clamor. It won't be worth the paper upon which it is written until the 747 "leadership" decides they want to enforce it.

RAH is screwed because Gene Sowell is a worthless piece of dog ********************. Still, good luck guys....

what the ******************** do you know?

you dont even work here

what the ******************** do you know?

you dont even work here

I do. And I know. And GS is far, far from worthless if you ask the question: "to whom is he of value?"

Latest resources

Back