• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH cheating.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got stuck in CLT on a commute for a Midwest trip from DCA a few weeks back, and called to use my commuter clause. The scheduler told me that normally she would be able to must ride me, but since I was doing a YX trip, no go. I got the 2nd 319 jump at the last min, but I was gonna be left behind.

That's the way it should be, and shows that some do follow the rules.

Looks like RAH has been booking space positive DH on Us Airways whenever they need to move RAH/Midwest/Frontier crew. Looks like Airways just found out and then ain't too happy. Wish I could provide a source but it came from higher up as confidential.

Higher up? Like baggage claim supervisor?

They never get panelized for that crap. I heard, and just heard, that they were using non-marked airplanes "ones that say republic" out of pit with usair fuel to do united flying. Then using usair fuel in DCA to do midwest flying.

Talked with some guys that talked with the higher ups, apparently there was an agreement to allow RAH to DH midwest crews on Airways. Probably something involved in the 190 sale.

They never get panelized for that crap. I heard, and just heard, that they were using non-marked airplanes "ones that say republic" out of pit with usair fuel to do united flying. Then using usair fuel in DCA to do midwest flying.

That probably wouldn't work; the UA airplanes are configured with First Class, and operated by S5. Planes out of PIT would be on the RW cert. with no F/C seats; most importantly S5 pilots can't operate RW planes. (Disclaimer; I haven't worked at RAH for 3 years so this may be outdated).

What really cracks me up is all the perception by pilots that the majors are pissed at RAH. I'd bet half your salary that Tilton, RA at DL, and others are secretly gleeful that Bedford has found a way to operate true narrow-body flying for regional wages. What a stick to beat your own pilot groups with...

Before anyone accuses me of being an apologist for RAH, I think it stinks to high heaven! Being a 190 FO at JB finally making a half-decent wage I sure as hell don't want my job to be "operated by Republic". Been there, got the T-shirt. I just hate the mindless bashing of pilots who mostly (there's always the 5 percent exception) have nothing to do with the corporate BS and would have been happy to keep their bases in GSO, RIC, BUF, and others flying around 145s.

This is no surprise...Delta was really the only major that watched the dhds for crews and calling Republic out about it. Now that United charges for dhding crew, im sure that has stopped. We shall see what happens on Airways...normally this is met with the standard apology email and it wont happen again, but 2 mos later, UHOH...

as far as fuel goes RAH purchases there own fuel. It is then reimbursed monthly from said partners on a per flight basis.

Latest resources

Back