• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH CEO Bedford Sells $1 million in shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought you cannot be junior manned at RP.

You cannot be jr manned but they can call you and ask you to do overtime. I believe $$$4nothin is saying he doesn't answer because he doesn't want to do OT when there are possible furloughs on the horizon.

Don't worry, there are always plenty of D-bags at ANY airline, that are willing to do overtime even if others are losing their jobs.

I saw it at Mesaba and if we have furloughs here, we'll see it here also. Hell, a member of the EXCO (an intelligent and well respected guy) just came out and said that he does overtime. He said that he has his own reasons, but I would hope that he would reconsider should furloughs happen.

I bet E.W. (CMH based Shuttle captain) is still doing OT like it's going out of style. That dude is an OT *hore.

If Jerry Atkin were to sell $1 million worth of SKYW, it would not be very significant since that represents 8% of his holdings. On the other hand, this represented 50% of Bedford's holdings in RJET. Likewise, Heller's sales in June represrent 75% of his holdings. In neither case is this an instance of cashing in recently exercised options. This is a valid cause for concern among investors.

The reason why your percentages are so high is because BB and WH sell thier stock options very regularly. They have not and continue to not hold large volumes of stock in their company. it was this way when stock was high, and will be this way when stock is down. And, once they have unloaded a large number of shares, they have the company buy back the stock to prevent dilution. it is all a shell game, to be sure. But our stock is still high compared to most other airline stock (sure there are some higher stocks, but far more are lower), and that is in part due to BB and WH, and their stock games.

COLA's have come up in summers past, and our management sells their stock options as part of their compensation package. While it may seem new and alarming to new hires, those who have been at RAH for multiple years now this is how things go here. Par for the course...status quo.

When BB announces that we are going to charge our mainline partners less for our services, and that results in an actual quarterly loss, then I will take notice. But right now, with the exception of the loss of Frontier flying (and smart removal of liability given F9's tough road to recovery), all is going according to BB's plan. We chose to sell the 135's back when the economy was good. We leased the CO CRJ's (as oppsed to buying, which is the normal means of accquisition here) with the intention of letting the leases expire. Some of this may mean we are overstaffed, but sadly that was calculated, too. Welcome to business.

The reason why your percentages are so high is because BB and WH sell thier stock options very regularly. They have not and continue to not hold large volumes of stock in their company. it was this way when stock was high, and will be this way when stock is down. And, once they have unloaded a large number of shares, they have the company buy back the stock to prevent dilution. it is all a shell game, to be sure. But our stock is still high compared to most other airline stock (sure there are some higher stocks, but far more are lower), and that is in part due to BB and WH, and their stock games.
If the recent sales were coincidental with an exercise of an option I could accept what you say. Last Sep and July, Cooper exercised two blocks of 5000 shares and sold each in relatively short order. You are right. I see that as compensation. However, there has not been a single option exercise since those sales last year and Cooper has sold an additional 4704 shares (half of his holdings) since then. As far as Heller goes, I see 6 monthly sales at 784 shares each (compensation) with no award or exerise of options shown. In June, however, he unloads 60,000 of his 79,704 shares. Why is that? I'm going back as far as the record can on this.

Latest resources

Back