• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH cancels November ERJ190 MKE Bid?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are the rest of these 190's coming from? Do you have any on order?

I mean we all know they are coming, but I haven't heard when and how many...has anyone?

I have been asking the same question. Only two airframes have been publicly announced, and those are sourced from a leasing company. So far, the staffing awards have been enough to cover just those two airframes.

In the ever reliable WH podcast, we were told that there are NO deliveries scheduled for 2009. NOTHING was ever said about 2010. I have been assuming that new aircraft deliveries could begin anytime after January 1.

My theory about the 190 award cancellation is that RAH had the potential to get more 190's at a time earlier than our current options schedule allowed for, be it through a lease deal, earlier delivery spots, or faster than predicted production. However, whatever led RAH to believe that those planes could be online around November 1st (the effective date on the award) did not pan out. I think the canceled award was due to the fact that the aircraft those pilots were to fly will not materialize on the plannedl schedule, and the powers that be decided to cancel the award so as not to pay anyone unnecessarily starting November 1st.

I have been asking the same question. Only two airframes have been publicly announced, and those are sourced from a leasing company. So far, the staffing awards have been enough to cover just those two airframes.

In the ever reliable WH podcast, we were told that there are NO deliveries scheduled for 2009. NOTHING was ever said about 2010. I have been assuming that new aircraft deliveries could begin anytime after January 1.

My theory about the 190 award cancellation is that RAH had the potential to get more 190's at a time earlier than our current options schedule allowed for, be it through a lease deal, earlier delivery spots, or faster than predicted production. However, whatever led RAH to believe that those planes could be online around November 1st (the effective date on the award) did not pan out. I think the canceled award was due to the fact that the aircraft those pilots were to fly will not materialize on the plannedl schedule, and the powers that be decided to cancel the award so as not to pay anyone unnecessarily starting November 1st.

I disagree. The reason they changed it from a vacancy to a displacement is because of a few factors:

1. A couple of bases are thick on Captains including CMH. Remember in the letter from the DOs a couple weeks back said they purposely got thick on Captains in a few bases on purpose so when the planned furlough and downgrades happened, everybody would be in the right place. New Midwest 135 flying plus the 190 flying kept furloughs away for now.

2. If they leave in a vacancy award, what would happen if the CRJ guys in Houston and Louisville were awarded it? They could instantly be short staffed on the CRJ. The CRJ's don't start going away until January. They obviously aren't going to recall anybody or cross train people on the CRJ for just 6-8 months worth of flying.

None of this is based on anything but theory and math. Also, the first two 190s came from a liquidated airline in New Zealand I believe. I have a fealing they had more than two and I have a strong feeling that when Wayne said their were no new aircraft on order, that it was true. Fast forward 3 months, and I think we have some out there ready to go. Before the 3rd quarter analyst call, and after the Midwest deal is done, I'm guessing they will announce a bunch of 190s on the way.

Last edited:
Also, the first two 190s came from a liquidated airline in New Zealand I believe. I have a fealing they had more than two and I have a strong feeling that when Wayne said their were no new aircraft on order, that it was true. Fast forward 3 months, and I think we have some out there ready to go. Before the 3rd quarter analyst call, and after the Midwest deal is done, I'm guessing they will announce a bunch of 190s on the way.

"At the time of the collapse the airline's fleet consisted of two Embraer 190, one Embraer 170 and two Embraer 145 aircraft."

http://aerspace.blogspot.com/2009/03/vh-sxo-and-vh-sxk-arrive-in-shannon.html

I have a fealing they had more than two and I have a strong feeling that when Wayne said their were no new aircraft on order, that it was true. Fast forward 3 months, and I think we have some out there ready to go. Before the 3rd quarter analyst call, and after the Midwest deal is done, I'm guessing they will announce a bunch of 190s on the way.

Who says they have to be "ordered" maybe they are green planes already built but undelivered due to order cancellations at other airlines?

Here's some!

I have been asking the same question. Only two airframes have been publicly announced, and those are sourced from a leasing company.

US Airways considers cutting its E-190 fleet

Management at US Airways has launched an evaluation of elimination its fleet of 25 Embraer E-190s through direct sales or subleases.
Today during an earnings call with analysts and investors carrier President Scott Kirby said the fleet represents roughly 2.5% of total consolidated capacity at US Airways, and cutting the fleet would give the carrier additional flexibility to reduce its available seat miles.
Kirby also explains the E-Jet represent a small sub-fleet whose elimination could also create operational gains for the carrier. The aircraft are also in demand globally, so US Airways believes getting rid of the E-Jets is something the carrier "can effectively implement from a financial perspective", says Kirby.
US Airways owns the 25 aircraft, and company chief executive Doug Parker stresses the potential cutting of E-Jets from its fleet is not to raise liquidity, but to enhance long-term profitability.
In August 2005 US Airways issued a request for proposal to regional partners Air Wisconsin, Mesa Air Group and Republic Airways Holdings to operate up to 25 E-190s once it merged with America West.
But after mainline pilot protests a transition deal was ratified by America West and US Airways pilots to limit E-190 flying to mainline operations.

Latest resources

Back