• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH buys Midwest!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So YOU screw us out of our jobs and now want us to cooperate on an integration to help YOU? No thanks. I am sure the F9 pilots will think the same thing.

If it serves a cookie, it should be manned by someone on the Midwest Pilots Seniority List, pure and simple. Has a painted animal on the tail, it should be manned by someone on the Frontier list.

You bemoan our "lack of scope" yet throw your own scope, which is being played like a fiddle, as some rallying cry for integration. Isn't that the least bit hypocritical?

God bless as our new CEO says.

Midwest guys don't have a choice to intergrate, they will be intergrated!! Better get used to the fact that you will be flying with a 26 year old captain...

The F9 guys don't have a choice, they are going to be whipsawed and dismantled to that RP can recoupe their losses plus some.

Midwest guys don't have a choice to intergrate, they will be intergrated!! Better get used to the fact that you will be flying with a 26 year old captain...

The F9 guys don't have a choice, they are going to be whipsawed and dismantled to that RP can recoupe their losses plus some.

I encourage all YX pilots to stay on just long enough to resign AFTER all your training on whatever new aircraft. Especially if your getting a type out of it.

The YX pilots did stickup for the Skyway guys and gals. Our MEC went to TH with an offer of placing all Skyway pilots on the MEH seniority list. TH said NO! I don't know how many times this has been posted on here!

TH's response was no surprise. By the time the Jan 08 announcement was made, the fate of Skyway had already been set. The FAA had been told, I believe, 4-6 months earlier. Anything other than a clean break would have complicated the Master Plan (what we have witnessed over the last year) because the TH would have been stuck with more employees on the books.

If it serves a cookie, it should be manned by someone on the Midwest Pilots Seniority List, pure and simple.

Was that part of the Midwest CBA? I just ask because of the whole Skywest project and how they took both Midwest and Skyway flying. Was that passed off as a "code share?"

Midwest guys don't have a choice to intergrate, they will be intergrated!!

Now we have proof! RAH=Borg. :laugh:

Just wait till the 26 yr old RAH captain starts in with his "war stories".... "There I was one day in the Seminole when..." or, "When I was at the Academy (Delta Connection)..."

We can go in circles all day. Midwest and Frontier were career airlines. The hiring process at these airlines was a lot more selective. Their minimums were a lot higher. Republic pays peanuts. The Midwest pilots are being replaced by cheaper labor because a judge ruled against their scope. As long as it says "connect on the side" it is not a replacement aircraft. Now the Republic pilots want the Midwest pilots to merge happily into the Republic list and work under a contract that pays a fraction of what they used to make. It will never happen. They might end up merged in, but none of them will fly for $37/hour. If any of them end up as captains with longevity (16 years), they will probably stay, but they will be miserable to work with. You Republic guys need to accept the fact that you have inferior jobs because of your contract. Republic is not a good place to spend the rest of your career no matter much you want to believe it. Bedford and Heller will never give you guys a decent contract. Five years from now, you will still be in negotiations. You will eventually sign a contract with a few improvements, but still no where near what the Midwest and Frontier guys were making. This is assuming Republic even exists in five years. I could see the company going out of business without you guys ever getting a new contract. To ask the Frontier and Midwest pilots to join your seniority list and work under your rules is insulting to them.

We can go in circles all day. Midwest and Frontier were career airlines. The hiring process at these airlines was a lot more selective. Their minimums were a lot higher. Republic pays peanuts. The Midwest pilots are being replaced by cheaper labor because a judge ruled against their scope. As long as it says "connect on the side" it is not a replacement aircraft. Now the Republic pilots want the Midwest pilots to merge happily into the Republic list and work under a contract that pays a fraction of what they used to make. It will never happen. They might end up merged in, but none of them will fly for $37/hour. If any of them end up as captains with longevity (16 years), they will probably stay, but they will be miserable to work with. You Republic guys need to accept the fact that you have inferior jobs because of your contract. Republic is not a good place to spend the rest of your career no matter much you want to believe it. Bedford and Heller will never give you guys a decent contract. Five years from now, you will still be in negotiations. You will eventually sign a contract with a few improvements, but still no where near what the Midwest and Frontier guys were making. This is assuming Republic even exists in five years. I could see the company going out of business without you guys ever getting a new contract. To ask the Frontier and Midwest pilots to join your seniority list and work under your rules is insulting to them.

Just so I'm clear on this, here are three different labor groups with three different unions coming together that need to negotiate a new contract yesterday, and you want them to whipsaw each other? The RAH pilots don't want these pilots to come over and work for current RAH wages, they want them to join together as one group and raise the bar for everyone there. The overwhelming sentiment at RAH is that if Bedford is stepping into the big boys' sandbox, he's going to have to leave the "regional" pay and work rules behind. If you feel that the Republic pilots are unworthy to be members of the same negotiating group as MidEx's and Frontier's, the management groups of all three companies will exploit that schism for all it's worth. Just like they always have.

Last edited:
Just so I'm clear on this, here are three different labor groups with three different unions coming together that need to negotiate a new contract yesterday, and you want them to whipsaw each other? The RAH pilots don't want these pilots to come over and work for current RAH wages, they want them to join together as one group and raise the bar for everyone there. The overwhelming sentiment at RAH is that if Bedford is stepping into the big boys' sandbox, he's going to have to leave the "regional" pay and work rules behind. If you feel that the Republic pilots are unworthy to be members of the same negotiating group as MidEx's and Frontier's, the management groups of all three companies will exploit that schism for all it's worth. Just like they always have.

I think if the three lists merge, the only pilots that will benefit are the Republic pilots. There is a huge disparity between the two contracts. The Republic pilots need to sign a contract equal to the Frontier or Midwest's, then let's start talking merger. This argument is a moot point. In a less than a year, there will be no Midwest pilots left and Bedford has already said the Frontier pilots will not be merged in.

If Bedford wants to run Frontier, their pilots will HAVE to be merged with ours. Period. Bedford has to pay to play, or this place will be shut down in a heartbeat.

Latest resources

Back