radial engines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avbug,

Yeah, We're using ADI on all our heavy and/or short takeoffs. Otherwise we'd be limited to 87,600 Lb for takeoff.

regards

Last edited:
Hey crash-proof: What kind of motor do you have on that gooney? The prop is turning backward! (Or maybe it's just my computer)

It's built for the europeian market!

Naw...actually somebody already commented on that and I'm just too busy (lazy) to turn it the right way.
Good obs. though...

Yeah but if you notice, the Goony bird is sucking up the exhaust which explains the prop rotating backwards. When the crew gets out, they'll have less time than when they started.

Round engines (or any large recip, for that matter)

Originally posted by avbug Is the sound worth it? . . . .
When you're in the house and you hear the sound and without thinking you run outside and look up to see what's flying, you bet it is!

We do have some T-6 buffs who like to fly formation from time to time on Saturday and Sunday mornings. My favorite, though, is the summer before last when I was in town running an errand and heard what sounded like a T-6 formation. I looked up - and it was a beautiful B-17! I heard the same thing the next morning (Saturday) at home. I looked up. It was the B-17 - again!

update...

Just happened to be in the Tamiaimi part of miami yesterday and decided to shoot by the airport. Saw an A-26, Super 3, and a Catalina! I think they all belong to kermit weeks, not sure though.
Somebody told me they saw a messerschmidt 262 take off from there. Are there actual flying examples of these???

And here's a nice site on buffet's albatross (can't stand buffet but he's gotta nice plane!!!)

http://margaritaville.com/roadtrip/hemidancer/hemidancer.html

seem to recall reading somewhere that there are some full-scale replica Me-262's being built to fly. Not too many originals around and I believe they're staying in museums.

Been awhile since I read the article but from what I remember - A builder took a ME-262 that needed work from a museum (I think a Naval museum) and arranged to fix what needed fixing in exchange for being able to reverse engineer the airplane and is building a total of 4 or 6. They will have J-85s inside a Jumo engine shell and I would presume modern avionics but would otherwise be exact replicas. Haven't heard much lately.

Latest resources

Back