RAA type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

Some of you guys went through the first officer program with RAA? Basically you get a CRJ type rating and get a guaranteed interview with one of the partner airlines.
I know going this way is PFT but they seem to have a very high rate of graduates placement.

Did anyone get a job with them?

Thanks

having a CRJ type rating at 600 hours could be a disadvantage during an interview. They know **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well, you're not using the type rating, and they will expect you to have a very high level of knowledge on the a/c. You're better off spending the money building multi time or getting CFI/CFII/MEI ratings.

A type rating sounds good, but if you think about, it makes no sense. A TR is intended for someone ready to take over the Captain seat, not a rookie just coming on line. Why spend $25,000 on a type rating that really won't mean anything for you, when the airline you work for will eventually type you in their a/c anyway?

I have a friend who did the program. He was told "Sorry the airline is not currently hiring" he was given an interview though, to avoid a lawsuit i'm sure. I don't know what your multi is but do some research here and you'll find several companies who are hiring around 600TT. A type rating without time in type is a total complete waste of money.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back