• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

R.J. on closed runway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that I was there or anything, but there is a runway at an airport that wasn't NOTAM'ed OTS to air carrier ops, and there was landing data for said runway on the release- noted OPEN and DRY.

If said alleged crew actually landed on this runway, and the airport manager let them know the runway was closed to airlines, and some FO whipped out the JEPPS and the release-

the look on his face was priceless... I hear.

PM me....

PENSACOLA (AP) - The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating why a Northwest Airlink passenger jet attempted to land on a Pensacola Regional Airport runway closed for construction.

Well there's the problem, the jet attempted to land itself. It's a good thing the pilots regained control and were able to land safely. These guys are heros, they should be given a medal.

Ask Continental why they landed a 757 on a taxiway last night in EWR while circling to land on runway 29. Sh*t happens I guess. Thats what they say.

Ask Continental why they landed a 757 on a taxiway last night in EWR while circling to land on runway 29. Sh*t happens I guess. Thats what they say.

Dang, I thought all that wind was fracking with me last night! I guess I wasn't that fracked up!

Which way were they coming from? 4 miles isn't last minute in a rj, but I guess that the spokesperson thought it was an A-380 or something...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back