Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
I caught the tail-end of something about an accident on the news this morning in NC, and saw a Robinson loaded on the back of a flatbed, but I never heard anything else about it, nor can I find anything about it on the web this morning.

I know a couple guys who fly one regularly (one of them owns it) and am curious.

Anyone heard?

Minh

Bummer ... thanks man.

Minh

The news story says the R44 reportedly took off at about 3am out of GMU, but crashed south of Atlanta at 5:45am. That's only about 150 miles. If they did indeed fly for 2:45, they were either out of fuel or very close to it. I suspect the story is incorrect - but the NTSB prelim report should give a bit more insight in a few days. I have to wonder, though, why somebody would choose to fly a helicopter 350 or so miles to go to a funeral, and why they were so far off of a straight line course between GMU and AAF. Atlanta area is well west of that line.

Could the reason be the bad weather that has plagued the region for the past week?

That's what I was thinking: deviating for storms that have been pounding us down here all month. :(

Godspeed to all aboard.

Minh

be better to know you limits than know the lord.

Latest resources

Back