• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

R-22 accident in NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only born-agains, recovering junkies, ex-alcoholics, and fools RELY on the Lord to keep them within thier limits.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Only born-agains, recovering junkies, ex-alcoholics, and fools RELY on the Lord to keep them within thier limits.
Quick question for ya, slick:

Who said that someone should rely on the Lord to keep them within their limits?

[buzzer] Sorry. The answer is no one suggested that.

Unless you meant "thier limits," which no doubt is something else entirely.

:D

"Only born-agains, recovering junkies, ex-alcoholics, and fools RELY on the Lord to keep them within thier limits."

I hope you don’t fly faster then your Guardian Angel.

Mark

Where's the fire handle for this thread???

Thoughts and prayers for the families of the victims...

shed the gudamm guardian angel.....nothing but parasite drag and dead weight to slow us down right?

Gulfstream 200 said:
shed the gudamm guardian angel.....nothing but parasite drag and dead weight to slow us down right?

But if they cling to the outside of the airframe and flap..or at least outstretch their wings...wouldn't they also provide a measure of extra lift to more than offset the extra weight and drag? I mean, they fly themselves even if they do just mostly sit around on clouds leading a boring life playing harps and trumpets for all eternity (according to Mark Twain).

ChrisJ32 said:
"thier"

Is that even a word???

By the way Timebuilder...can you even respond to a post without referencing "the lord"? It's really getting kinda old. Maybe you should be one of those wacky televangalists instead of a pilot. I'm not religious at all, but I thank god I don;t have to sit next to you in the cockpit everyday.
If you were to read my threads, you would find only a small percentage of them since this new format board started (vbulletin style) have any mention of God. 99% of the people I have flown with have no idea about what I have to say about God because they make no mention that raises the topic. The cockpit is a team environment, and if we are in cruise for an hour or so, we may talk about things, but I let the other guy lead the discussion. Mostly, the team is too busy to be caught up in the questions of a seeker.

This particular thread, asking about the loss of an aircraft, led to the discovery the fact that all aboard were lost. My observation, fisrt and foremeost, is a hope that they had accepted God's free gift of salvation before this accident, so that they will have eternal life. Secondly, we can all use this as a reminder that life is fleeting, and we may not have as much time to reach that life-changing decision as we might hope or imagine. Any one of us could be called home today, so we need to be prepared.

In a few days time, we will discover the aeronautical reasons that caused this mishap. It could be weather, a lack of skill for dealing with the conditions found during the flight, such as flight into IMC or a mechanical failure of the aircraft. In fact, the investigation itself might be unconclusive.

Regardless, one thing is certain: lives have been lost, lives just like the ones we experience every day in these bodies of flesh. If those people were properly prepared, then they have not lost their essential part that is their true nature.

If someone offered you insurance so that you could live on after an accident, you'd buy it, wouldn't you? That's what this is, a premium free policy that keeps you going, even if your airplane is a ball of aluminum.

You can't get that one from Avemco. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back