• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody know where the closest 142 sim is for practice nearest to Interview location for Horizon?? Don't want to go in cold turkey for sure from the sounds of it.

I'd be very surprised to see the SEA base closed. I think a more likely scenario would be to move all 200 flying to PDX, and put a few of the new 400's in SEA.

QXbuzzard said:
They won't close the base. I heard that they are trying to see how the flying in the Dash could be the most efficient between the two bases. They came up with downsizing the SEA base through attrition. They won't displace anyone, just let it get smaller in time. Most newhires in the 200 will now go to PDX and same for upgrades. You could still get SEA if you came here, it may just take a little longer than before.

Paul, now is the time to apply again, we are going to be hiring all year from what I've been told. I blew the sim ride the first time I tried here too. I came back a year later and made up for my mistakes I made. QX is a good place. It's whatever you want it to be. For some, a career. For others, still a stepping stone (industry dependent). Not too many people complain about working here.

Thanks for setting th record straight. I may just go fill out that app again. I still have all my old QX application info, but I was looking at some of the gouge on aviationinterviews.com and I think I need to go look some of that crap up again...Its been so long. Circling??? Whats that? Protected areas??? We don't circle unless its VMC at XJT, and from what I have heard NWA is the same way and probably many others. Guess I'll have to crack a book again. I would undoubtedly make it a career if I could find a way to get SEA based. I love that area. I miss it so much. I miss Ivars. I miss Mchord, I miss Ruston Way, I miss the Metropolitan Grill, the Swiss. I miss Rainier, oh and Olympia beer if they still make that. And you just flat out cannot get Alaskan Amber out east. We got alot of Red Hook out here though.

dkwid said:
"oh and Olympia beer if they still make that"

Somebody makes it.....but no longer in Olympia.

I know I can't get RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEER anymore.

Inelson3 go to Hillsboro Aviation. QX uses their SIM for the interview. It's about a 30 to 40 minute drive from PDX depending on traffic. It's well worth the money.

Hillsboro Aviation

Ok...thanks Chudd....I'll sure get some time in the sim in advance...if get interview don't want to come up from Dallas just to botch an approach and go home!!

Latest resources

Back