• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX Furloughs!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was this because they decided to park the Q200s at a fast rate? Or are they cx'ing any existing orders and parking more planes.

Was this because they decided to park the Q200s at a fast rate? Or are they cx'ing any existing orders and parking more planes.

Yes.

But seriously, the timing of the start of furloughs is based on the timing of parking the last 200s. October 28th-ish is the final park date for the 200. Furloughs begin shortly thereafter. Most of the first batch of furloughs will be from the Q400, though.

The fact we're having furloughs -- and this 87 might not be the last of the furloughs -- is because of the decision to get rid of the RJ AND 200s. We're going down from 70ish aircraft to 48, and that includes all the 15 Q400 deliveries we have scheduled for the rest of this year and all of next year. RJs are supposed to be gone by the end of next year.

No open time pickups and NO FAVORS until the 87 come back to work.

Sorry to hear this guys. Horizon is a class act. I regularly commute and you guys and gals are always great to me. Best of luck and I hope things improve soon.

Feel free to use up all of your sick time if on the furlough list. Also, calling in sick if not on the furlough list will hopefully send the same message as NOT PICKING UP OPEN TIME TRIPS.

Latest resources

Back