• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Herman

“The German”
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]July 14[/FONT]

Fall Reduction Projection
Hello again. We’ve been working over the last several weeks to process the fall schedule, and generate training and staffing plans to match. We’re still working several areas to reduce both furloughs and downgrades (more on that below), but based on our best projection, including forecast attrition assumptions, we now intend to reduce the pilot group by 87 pilots beginning in the fall. While this isn’t the official notice required by the agreement, we believe the timing will be as follows:
  • November: 41 pilots
  • December: 21 pilots
  • January: 15 pilots
  • February: 10 pilots
Exact dates within those months will be finalized closer in, but for now it would be safe to presume the first of each calendar month.

As I said, we’re still working to minimize those numbers. We have recently announced the early-out option for CRJ captains, and are discussing even more creative solutions with the EXCO. While we have had differences of opinion of various subjects over the years, minimizing the effects of furloughs and downgrades of our pilots is a subject that both teams are passionate about, and are working together to find solutions. I very much appreciate the efforts of both the EXCO and Chief Pilot’s office, and look forward to sharing more details in the coming weeks.

I’ll be in the SEA crew lounge tomorrow, and have time scheduled in PDX next week, to answer any questions or discuss any issues. Of course, I’ll take any questions via this site, First Class, email, phones, or drive-by’s in the interim.

We continue to operate a safe and reliable airline for our customers, with our June statistics second only to Hawaiian Airlines. I very much appreciate all of your efforts.

87 pilots from an already small group of people! When will this end?! You'll all be in my thoughts!

Latest resources

Back